Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Yipppeeee YAY! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=105078)

faeriegirl Tue, May-13-03 12:41

Yipppeeee YAY!

Ok, even though i have been feeling a bit down lately, i just have to share - i broke into the 70's!! YAHOOOO!!! This is very exciting for me - I have not been in the 70's for years. I feel good about that (hopefully the dratted scale doesn't jump back up tommorow, but if it does, i will consider it 'water gain' lol).
:):):):):):):):):):):)

Iowagirl Tue, May-13-03 12:45

I say pitch the scale before it makes that mistake! :D
Woo hoo!

The Goose Tue, May-13-03 12:52

Good on ya!!!

Don't the 70's feel good!!!!!

Congratulations on your loss! Only here would you congratulate someone for their loss!!

How long have you been on this WOE? Has it been hard?? I noticed that we have similar weights and goals and I'm curious about how others handle the cravings and snaks and ...stuff. Let me know... :wave:

Paleoanth Tue, May-13-03 12:59

LOSER!

Congrats!

Talon Tue, May-13-03 13:00

Great going! :cheer:

faeriegirl Tue, May-13-03 13:06

Thanks for your support guys!!
I have been on this WOE for about 2 months. I lost around 11lbs during induction, then went through quite a slump for a few weeks. I still try to stay under 25g carbs per day. I must admit though, i am not very good at drinking water, and i am sure if i did, the weight loss would be more smooth. I am also a diet soda drinker, and am not above eating the occassional Russell Stover sugarfree candy. Sometimes i wish i was a purist - but if this is going to be a WOL, i have to be able to have a treat every now and then, and not beat myself up for wanting it.
As for the cravings, they really do diminish. Sometimes i will walk by a bakery, and think 'mmmm i wish i could have hotcross buns'. but then i realize - i can have them, i just choose not to. It is strange how your body switches from craving bad junk all the time, to wanting the 'good' stuff that is still restricted. I miss my milk and cereal. I miss my heaping bowl of fruit salad... Other than that, i think that this WOE is so rich, i don't really feel like i am missing out on much else!
My main struggle has been losing lbs but not inches. I can't weight for the InchFairy to pay me a visit :)

hippygal Tue, May-13-03 13:25

Yippee

Way to go !

Iowagirl Tue, May-13-03 13:26

I'm sure she's on her way! :D

Jannie Tue, May-13-03 13:34

Congrats

Way to go, Faeriegirl! I'm downright proud of you-I know it's hard, but you stuck to it-GOOD FOR YOU!!!

:p :cool: :p :cool: :p :cool: :p :cool:

:daze: :daze: :daze: :daze: :daze: :daze: :daze: :daze:

Norag Tue, May-13-03 13:35

Great!! You've made a breakthrough.

red1cutie Tue, May-13-03 13:55

Congrats Faerie! Awesome! Perseverance :thup: :thup:!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheer: :cheer: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for sharing.

Peace
red

csj Tue, May-13-03 14:03

You're a real loser! :) Sounds like you are truly committed and will be able to ride out the rough spots. Your story about walking by the bakery is extremely positive. You can do it everyday if you have to!

Cindy

The Goose Tue, May-13-03 15:24

I really like your thinking about you can have anything you want you just choose not to. I'm adopting that one for my own! Unfortunately I chose to have 1/2 a beer after gardening today so ... I must remember that wine has fewer carbs and do that next time...

I'm like you with the fast induction loss (12lbs) and slump. I also don't like water and have to force myself to drink it. I haven't found the trick to it yet.

Where do get Russel Stover SF chocolate???? I'm not sure I want to know......

.....tell me anyway...

jamian Wed, May-14-03 15:42

sweet tooth

I found that Walmart has a whole section of the candy isle that is sugar free with everything from peanut butter cups to raspberry truffles!

Careful though, most people find that the sugar alcohols in these can do bad things. I think they kick up my cravings and stall weight loss a little, but it's prob'ly because I eat like 8 of 'em at a time. I 'm one of those who just can't stop at one for the life of me! ;)

Jamian

faeriegirl Wed, May-14-03 17:35

Goose,
I found the Russell Stoves SF chocolates at the WalMart in coquitlam (i assume they are at all the walmarts). They are in green peg top bags - make sure you get the 'sugar free' ones!! But yeah, they chocolate can stall you, but it can also cause *ahem* EXREME intesinal distress!! But they are yummy - so don't say i didn't warn ya! :)