Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   How do YOU reward yourself? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=105067)

Wolfiesask Tue, May-13-03 11:36

How do YOU reward yourself?

HI all...thought I'd ask around and see if and how others reward themselves. All my life food has been a reward and I'm working at getting out of that mindset. I've decided to get my first manicure when I reach my first mini-goal as it's non-edible. (the reward, not my nails...LOL)

How do you reward yourself for doing well with this WOE? (ya ya I know it's a reward in iteself, but c'mon, be honest!)

Nicole :wave:

DWRolfe Tue, May-13-03 11:42

I like to reward myself often!

I guess I'd have to say that new clothing is the most frequent reward I choose. Or a new look (buzz my head, change my goatee). Sometimes I even reward myself with food, like a huge steak. And sometimes I reward myself with time off to just relax and enjoy life.

Rewards are gooooood. :p

Donald :wave:

Talon Tue, May-13-03 13:31

I still often reward myself with a little time to myself - nails, hair, etc. And others I will reward myself with the ultimate LC meal (in my opinion) Filet mignon. Yumm.....

liz175 Tue, May-13-03 17:53

New clothes! Every time I go down a size I buy myself a couple of nice outfits.

Other than that, the improvement in my health and feelings of well-being is reward enough for me for the weight lost. I've been thinking I should do something special when I hit the 50% of mark (probably some time this summer), but I can't think of anything that is as rewarding as the improvement in the way I feel.

achio4444 Tue, May-13-03 18:18

At 25 lbs, I got a full-body massage. I had thought at every additional 5 lbs I would get a manicure or pedicure, but now I have realized I would rather save the money towards a brand new wardrobe when I hit my goal weight!

Amy :wave:

dcbrowne Tue, May-13-03 18:28

I reward myself each day by making sure I get time to enjoy this forum. It really helps!

Pugzilla Tue, May-13-03 18:47

Good Thread!

I would say new clothes, although I haven't really bought too many yet, except for those 1 size smaller jeans I got two weeks ago! and a couple of new shirts. But I'm also saving and when I get closer to goal, look out! I will definitely be rewarding myself with new clothes AND cute shoes!

Another reward, when I reach goal...I'm finally going to get myself a tattoo. I know it might sound weird to some, but I've wanted one for a long time, and I just want a small, classy design.

Right now, my rewards are my BF and I going out to dinner (for a delicious LC meal, of course!).

Yesterday, I went ahead and ordered the Tony Little Gazelle Elite exercise machine for myself. This might not sound like a reward, but for me it is...I feel so much better, and I've been going to Curves 3x a week, so I wanted to be able to do some low impact exercise the other days of the week. And .....I just took the plunge and bought the machine. I figured, what the hey, I deserve it! And believe me, just having that thought, that I deserve to give myself something, is a reward all to itself!

:wave:

Chloë Mae Tue, May-13-03 19:43

With Money !!!

I pay myself with every pound lost, and put it away in a safe place.

I also reward myself once a month with buying some gadget, book, video, etc. that will make this WOE easier for me. Like this month I want to get one of those whipped cream gadgets.

TraceyLynn Wed, May-14-03 01:23

I think the new clothes have it...LOL!!!

hatetocook Wed, May-14-03 09:58

Boy, aren't we good to ourselves

I love the different ways we're rewarding ourselves for we surely deserve it! :lol:

I also have bought a few new clothes but that was out of necessity. The one thing I've splurged on is this week I got a jog-proof CD player so I can listen to my favorite tunes while working out.

tgill32177 Wed, May-14-03 10:08

A new pool!

I bought a new pool!

I will get the clothes when I get to goal as my
skinnier friends are happy to give me hand-me
downs til I meet my goal.

Food was always a reward before- which I am
trying to live a NEW life so I don't reward myself
with food anymore.

So the pool was the ultimate thing I wanted. And it has
a LOT of advantages. One, the exercise will help me meet
my goal not hinder it. Two, time with my family- we are spending more time with each other now. Three, the TAN! And Last, it is very relaxing after a hard day to just lay back and chill out.

So what is left if the pool was the ultimate...CLOTHES of course! I will definitely go shopping as my final reward for my achievement.

mwallace29 Thu, May-15-03 14:13

Hmmm....I love the tattoo idea. I have always wanted one.

Other than that...I just want to go on a little mini vacation and enjoy myself and not feel like everyone is looking at me!

Oh...One more thing. I bought a pearl ring and I just love it, but it is way to small. I am not having it sized until I hit my goal!

FionaC Fri, May-16-03 18:03

This is my reward scheme

The weight I calculate is in Kg's - and 10kg equals about 22 pounds... So

-10 Manicure
-20 Pedicure
-30 Mini facial
-40 Deluxe Facial
-50 Hour Massage
-55 Bottle of nice Bubbly (Half way there!)
-60 Manicure & Pedicure
-70 Hair foils
-80 Get a Brazilian Wax
-90 Seafood Platter at Jordans (a wonderful yet expensive seafood resteraunt on Sydney harbour)
-100 A day at a spa

Goal
-110 Shopping Spree
Black Dress, New Underwear, Stilettos

Tattoo

So far I've completed the top three rewards :D and on my way to the 4th

Fiona :D

Roberta Fri, May-16-03 21:26

Every week I stay on program, I go out to one of those teeny-bopper stores (like Forever21, Rampage etc) and spend 20$ or so on an outfit in my goal size.

This week's purchase was a black sleevless v-neck top and a black pinstripe skirt.

Everytime I feel like binging, I can open the closet and look at all my cool somedays.

I figure that I am just spending money I would have blown on garbage food.