Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Cheat (again)... sigh. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=104989)

fingerz Tue, May-13-03 05:26

Cheat (again)... sigh.

Some of you may recall my cheat day last week.

There was some left-over cake.

I ate it last night.

Ho hum.

Alina Tue, May-13-03 05:37

I'm not sure what kind of comment is in place here.
I just say: take care.
Alina

fingerz Tue, May-13-03 05:42

S'alright. I wasn't expecting replies tbh. Just felt i ought to own up.

scottj Tue, May-13-03 05:43

me too

I cheated yesterday too. Stood in the kitchen and ate sour cream and onion potato chips right out of the bag.

We are addicts, just like an alcoholic is addicted to liquor. However, with an alcoholic, there is a very clear line - you either drink or you don't drink. As long as you don't drink, you are doing okay. You cannot just "drink in moderation" or "drink the right drinks". It is black and white.

Food is different. We have to eat, but we have to exercise the self control to eat the right way. We all will slip up from time to time. BUT...today is a new day. I will not cheat today. I will win today. You will too! Start a new day!

Scott

Smudgie Tue, May-13-03 05:47

Chin up fingerz, we all have our bad days!

What keeps me on track is fear of how bad I felt before I started doing Atkins, and not wanting to ever go there again.

You must have a reason for sticking with it too, or you wouldn't be here. So, just jump right back on track, and don't let a piece of cake get you down.

Hope you feel better soon!
:wave:

nikkil Tue, May-13-03 06:15

you hit the nail right on the head, Scott. I agree with you 1000% that I, for sure, am an addict. I haven't had the willpower to keep away, lately. I'm quitting smoking on Friday and I don't think it will be nearly as hard as it's been to quit 'carbing'. You either buy cigarettes or you don't, borrow a smoke or not. Eating is essential to life--it's your choices that make the difference.

AAAARRRGGGHHH!

N.

MaryToU Tue, May-13-03 06:32

Look on the bright side, the cake is now gone!

KJNWLDR Tue, May-13-03 06:50

Save your carbs and plan a Cheat.

I am not only a carb addict, i am an alcoholic as well. But i have heard that a good idea is to plan a cheat that way tou are in control of the food not the other way around. I had a planned cheat this past sunday. I saved my carbs for that week and indulged. I wont say that it was easy to stop, but it was not as difficult as i thought it would be.

As an alcoholic I slipped several times before i was able to do it. it has been five years since my last pre-meditated drunk. The idea in both situations is not to dwell on it.

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, but Today is a Gift
that is why it is called the present! :wave: