Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Picture of yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=104007)

Groggy60 Thu, May-08-03 12:24

Picture of yourself

Pictures are interesting.

I always thought I looked fat in pictures, and now I look really skinny. Weird but at 196 I felt I looked fatter in pictures then I did in the mirror, and at 170 I look skinnier in pictures then I do in the mirror.

Pugzilla Thu, May-08-03 12:52

Good for you! At this time, I look fat in both the mirror and in pictures! :( The only place I'm not is the picture in my head! ;)

But, it's getting better and hopefully this time next year my post will be entirely different!

chysmith Thu, May-08-03 12:56

Groggy60 - that's so great!

Pugzilla - Yeah, I like the picture in my head the best to!

jaddles Thu, May-08-03 18:15

I look HUGE in photos - seriously obese. Mind you I think that whether I weigh 160 pounds or 225pounds...... Sometimes you just cant win :rolleyes:

cc48510 Thu, May-08-03 21:42

I don't know how I look in pictures...since the last picture anyone took of me was just after I went on Atkins. The last picture I have of myself was when I was 320 lbs. I am now 246 give or take. Strangely, my face has looked pudgy since I was 200 lbs. My first lisence photo had me at 168 lbs and I didn't look half bad except for the damned zits. But, I had to get new lisences at 200 and 320 pounds...so, my current lisence has my picture at 320...so, my face looks horrible.

Belle Fri, May-09-03 12:36

They are getting better slowly

I look at pictures of myself a long time ago, a mere two years ago and think how fat I was and how I could have let myself get that fat. But I recently got married on April 9th and when the pictures came back, I was happily surprised how good I looked in them. The only part I was really unhappy about was my tummy area. I work out at a gym and I really try to concentrate hard when I am doing ab exercises. It is getting bettter, though. But back to the point. For years I hated taking pictures, but now I am starting to like it. I know I will not look fat in them, because I am not so fat as I used to be a long time ago. I still have a lot of improvement to go, but I only have one thing to say. I hate to see the days when I get to goal and love taking pictures, will I then become vain? :rolleyes: ;)
Have a good day, Belle

BarbCA Sat, May-10-03 08:36

I had my DH take a snap shot of me with the dog, pretending that I wanted a picture of our dog doing her trick. It was so that I would have one of me at my highest ever. I'm now 20 lbs lighter but still look fat to me. Especially in certain clothes.

Sentoria Sat, May-10-03 16:24

I quit taking pictures for a while. My first picture was Christmas Eve, 24 days after starting LC. Visible difference. Took some pictures today at a fair in Manhattan. I have a loooong way to go :rolleyes:

cc48510 Sat, May-10-03 17:41

I just bought a nice digital camera for a class I'm taking. So, I'll try to snap a picture of myself sometime soon...

cc48510 Sat, May-10-03 18:08

Here is a picture of me from August 2002 (Weight: 320)

Here is a picture of me now (Weight: 245)...I can't really tell much difference. But, people who know me are asking if I've lost weight so...someone's noticing.

I'll have to see if I can get a side profile for a better comparison.

Sterlina Sun, May-11-03 13:35

Ahhh.. I delete my fat pictures.. lemme see if I can find any... in my mind im still thin like I was in high school..(around 140) and when I see my self in the mirror I see a good version of me.. but when I see pictures of myself that other people have taken Im mortified.. I hate the way I look in pictures..:(

cc.. you CAN tell a difference..! Youve lost a lot of weight, I bet you feel so much better now than you did in August.. :) Keep it up, man.. Oh and what kinda rifle is that, out of curiosity???

cc48510 Sun, May-11-03 14:24

Quote:
Originally posted by Sterlina
cc.. you CAN tell a difference..! Youve lost a lot of weight, I bet you feel so much better now than you did in August.. :) Keep it up, man.. Oh and what kinda rifle is that, out of curiosity???

SAR-1...It is a Romanian-made semi-auto only knockoff of the AK-47.

joyfulc Sun, May-11-03 14:35

It's funny, but over the years, I've seen pictures of myself taken recently and thought YECH!!! But then, a few years later, I'll look at the same pic or video and think, gee, I looked pretty good!

I think a lot of it is how hard we are on ourselves at the time.

I think we're a lot more forgiving of ourselves, given time.

Sterlina Sun, May-11-03 18:56

Ahh nice.. my dad buys/collects guns like you wouldnt believe.. (well maybe YOU would believe it, CC..) :p Anyways.. I wont stray off topic any more than I already have.. take care all.!

ohh and I couldnt find any fat pics of me, so I'll just stick with the ones that make me look good.. :)

chelles Sun, May-11-03 21:30

I have my daughter take pictures of me in my underwear or a two-piece bathing suit. That way, I know what I really look like.

The photos also serve as motivation. If I feel discouraged, I can look at my fattest one and compare with the smallest one. They're an excellent appetite suppresant!