Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   More knox gelatin candy fun (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=101880)

dmblnd Tue, Apr-29-03 11:30

More knox gelatin candy fun

I love to make gummie candy with Jello, but not only didn't want the aspertane but also wasn't too fond of the flavors. So now I'm making them with Crystal Light.
They're just great!!
I'm munching on some I made with Crystal Light Ruby Red Grapefruit flavor and it's so tart and sweet. A great treat!

Boil 1 cup water.
Dissolve 4 packets unflavored gelatin in the water.
Toss in one tub of Crystal Light
Pour on a dinner plate.

I don't put it in the fridge. I prefer the softer texture of room temp, but you could put it in the fridge.
When gelled, cut it apart and pull off the plate.
Yum!

srd0821 Tue, Apr-29-03 11:35

wow! Wahat a grand idea..there are tons of possibilities there! How many carbs do you count for that?

dmblnd Tue, Apr-29-03 11:43

Don't you hate the 0 carbs on the label when you know there are carbs? Crystal Light shows no carbs per 8 oz glass, so there can't be many in the whole tub.
I figure there should be under 4 carbs in the whole recipe.
So have fun!
You'll love them!

srd0821 Tue, Apr-29-03 11:44

Thanks...I'm gonna try these today..and hide them from my kids!! :D

dmblnd Tue, Apr-29-03 11:49

My coworker told me today that I need to hide them when I leave for the day, so it's not just the need to hide from the kids! :)
She agrees the Crystal Light ones are so much better than using Jello.

HeidiN Sat, May-03-03 17:01

those sound really good, but can I eat them during induction? :( I'm still in induction and I really need something candy-like to eat and I don't wanna fall off the wagon and give up.

dmblnd Sun, May-04-03 11:16

the carbs are very low...under 4 for the whole recipe and i'm sure you'll be fine with it as long as you don't eat a lot. it really does satisfy the candy craving!

2much2g1 Tue, May-06-03 10:19

How many grams or ounces is the "tub"of Crystal Light?
I have only seen it in bockes with little packets inside...

2much2g1 Tue, May-06-03 10:20

ooops...boxes :daze:

mbush27 Tue, May-06-03 12:18

Hello all!
I'm a bit confused here. I went to the store (very excited) to pick up some crystal light and everything I saw contained that rotten asparateme. Am I missing something here? Gummies are my wife's absolute favorite, we would love to be able to make some of these tonight!
Could I make these by following instructions somewhat similar to substituting kool-aid for jello?

Boil 1 cup water.
Dissolve 4 packets unflavored gelatin in the water
add 1 packet of kool-aid
add some packets of splenda? (I wonder how many, 7-8 for jello).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Matt

dmblnd Tue, May-06-03 14:22

1 tub makes 2 quarts of drink....so whatever in your packet that will make that.
my error (chalk that one down to the dumb blonde thing i guess!) i thought crystal light had splenda!!!
how much splenda you put in would depend on if you want them tart or sweet. the sweet/tart combo is really great, so i wouldn't put in a lot at first and see how it tastes. you can taste it while it's "ungelled"