Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   When is weight loss official? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=101005)

di52 Fri, Apr-25-03 06:16

When is weight loss official?

As in how many days (or even hours) :) do you have to be at the same weight beforre you consider it official. I haven't changed my stats yet. bucause I have yet to see the same new weight 3 days in a row.
Diane

Jones Fri, Apr-25-03 06:22

Hey Diane,

Every time I reach a new low, I fire that baby into my profile with lightening speed. I may bounce all around that number for weeks, but is sure makes me feel good every time I look at it.

Jones

Goat Lady Fri, Apr-25-03 06:25

I'm with Jones~POST THOSE LOSSES AS SOON AS THEY APPEAR!!

TES Fri, Apr-25-03 07:06

A big Yes & I agree!
As soon as the new low shows up, you are there.
I did not wait a second to update my profile this morning when I got up a pound lighter.
Hummm... a great reason for a nice single malt scotch at happy hour tonight! :)
T

Alina Fri, Apr-25-03 07:35

Quote:
Every time I reach a new low, I fire that baby into my profile with lightening speed.

That's me! Some pounds never come back, some I had to lose 3 or 4 times, but once I see a LOWER number on the scale - I'm right here changing my stats. That is one of my rewards.
PS right now I really weight 169 LOL

alina

orzabelle Fri, Apr-25-03 08:10

Maybe if you put your new low into your stats as soon as you see it, you'll be more likely to keep that number there! I should take my own advice...

willsmom7 Fri, Apr-25-03 08:23

Makes me feel so much better to post a lose as soon as I can!!! I just started induction on Tuesday, so if I can see a result I guess it makes me feel better about feeling kind of yucky!!

yvonne326 Fri, Apr-25-03 09:12

For me it is OFFICIAL when the I weight the same 2 days in a row or I see loss from one week to another (my new goal is NOT to weight every day)

MaryToU Fri, Apr-25-03 10:33

I suppose I have to agree with Yvonne, it's offical it you wiegh the same two days in a row. BUT mark me down for changing those stats as so as the scale moves :D Funny you never really see me moving them up in the other direction, then I just claim it as water weight :rolleyes:

Bleach Fri, Apr-25-03 10:50

I totally agree - change it as soon as you have the pleasure of seeing it on the scale. Why not? You obviously lost something, and even if it takes a couple of days to "stick" who cares? You saw it, it was real, and it's yours. So go ahead and adjust your stats - it's like this mini victory, and you can chuckle to yourself as you lower that number, and know that you'll never be back there again. Yay for us!!! :thup: :hyper: :yay:

Lessara Fri, Apr-25-03 10:59

Hi

When my weight is set for 2 days straight I also post. I typically bounce all over the place during the week :roll: Thankfully its still in a downward trend ;)

di52 Fri, Apr-25-03 11:08

OK folks - the post it if ya got it crowd wins. Gonna do it right now!
Diane

Kathy54 Sat, Apr-26-03 10:12

OOPs, one more............. it's got to be gone for 2 days before I post, just to be sure, not to mention an accurate profile. I'd hate to look at the numbers knowing, there not right, if I was'nt actually down the pound :eek:

Kathy

di52 Sat, Apr-26-03 16:47

Now I feel guilty - I'm putting a couple of pounds back on!

black57 Sat, Apr-26-03 22:38

Don't worry about it

Quote:
Originally posted by di52
Now I feel guilty - I'm putting a couple of pounds back on!

That is how we lose weight. It goes up and down =, up and down. It is the pattern of life.

When the scale shows a loss I write it down and that is the weight I will admit to. I don't write down 1/2 lb losses however. I have to have lost a whole pound so that I don't look like I am obsessing.

Black57