Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hi, finally quit lurking and decided (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=100266)

tanico2 Mon, Apr-21-03 21:54

Hi, finally quit lurking and decided

to introduce myself. I have been here for a couple of months and I would like to thank you all for the posts that i have read for support. I thought it was about time that I said hello and started to participate :) I hope to start a journal soon and will give you some backround on myself then. Oh, I did have one question, as you can see I weigh quite a bit and am wondering if the 10 X12 times my body weight saying applies in this heavy state?

Iowagirl Tue, Apr-22-03 08:23

Not sure about your question. I guess I would just run with the 20 carbs and not worry about the calories at this point. How long have you been lc?

Good luck and welcome!

DWRolfe Tue, Apr-22-03 08:42

Welcome to the forum, tanico2!

We’re glad you've come out of lurking and welcome your participation.

For me, participation in the forum is an essential component in my LC WOE. I find the kind of information, support and community here that I need to reach my weight loss and better health goals. I hope you will too.

I’d also like to invite you to stop by the Triple Digits Club, for people with 100+ lbs to lose. While you may or may not need to lose as much as others there, you’ll find the threads full of inspiration. We hold back nothing.

Good luck on your LC journey!

Donald :wave:

tanico2 Tue, Apr-22-03 13:26

Hi again and thanks for the replies :) What I meant with the vague 10X12 question was , I had seen where you should try and eat 10 to 12 times your weight a day in calories and with the sad fact that I weigh in at 400lbs that would be 4000 calories a day!! I know this can't be right for me LOL... I have been on this WOL for about 9 weeks now and could not be happier with my results. Also I have been trying to stay with 20 carbs a day and stay on the induction phase for a while.

I will be stopping by the Triple Digit Club soon and I welcome any advice and suggestions.

Doug-- Tanico2

lkonzelman Tue, Apr-22-03 13:49

Well I would try Atkins as presented without watching anything but the carbs through induction.

Eat until satisfied and learn to enjoy food again without guilt.

I love this way of eating because I am a constant eater and i'm allowed.

The key here is learning to listen to your body.

gotaloseit Tue, Apr-22-03 14:11

Hi,

The only suggestion I have is that maybe you might want to track your food through FitDay. If you want to see what its like just click on the MyFitDay at the bottom of this message.

As for the calories the only thing is after a time you may find you are very low on calories, the LC WOL has a tendency to make you eat smaller portions after a time. You might want to check out RGales journal, she is about the same weight and has struggles with the calories issue a bit. But anyone in the Triple Didgets club has a lot of the same issues. Good luck to you. Get a journal started and post in the TDC so we can help you, we'll be glad to give you any suggestions we might have.

tanico2 Wed, Apr-23-03 14:03

Hi and thank you for the suggestions. I have gone to Fitday and wow that taught me quite a bit and I have not seen the whole site yet...but I did think I was sticking to 20 carbs and found I had 30 yesterday.

Will be posting soon to the Triple Digits Club and can't wait to dig into this forum and take advantage of all the expertise. It is a warm feeling to have people to share problems and ask questions of :)

Thanks

Doug