Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   help me celebrate 1 yr anniv (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182790)

saltnpeppa Thu, May-06-04 06:45

help me celebrate 1 yr anniv

May 6, 2003:
started at 245. It actually could have been more. I couldn't bring myself to weigh myself.

today:

:yay: :yay: :yay:

I had a stall from about mid nov at about 180 to mid march where I was still 175. Since then, I've lost about 10 pounds in that 6-7 weeks.

Morals of the story:

when you plateau or stall out, #1 give it time and #2 go back to the basics, which for me is measuring and logging my foods (I need to be better about this), exercise and cut out the fake 'low carb foods'.

I am still at very low carb rates (like 20-30), but feel the need to add them in, especially before I work out. And if I want to, I eat carbs -- good carbs - salads, nuts, veggies, even LC bread. Fruit too!! Whenever I want, which is maybe once a week. I know I can't go overboard, but if I want a treat, I have it from natural food sources, adn I figure that's ok. :D

I know I have to crack down and cut out the booze and log my food to get the last 20 pounds off. And I need to start raising my carbs too, I think.

y'all have a nice day! I will!!

I didn't take measurements from the first day but here's some I did take

July 7, 2003
pouch 50
hips 51 (below pouch)
waist 39
arm 14.5 (5.5 in down from shoulder)
neck 13.6
calf (4 in down from knee) 18
top part of leg (at crotch ) 1 leg 32.5
sitting 53.75
weight 212
------------------------
1 yr may 6 2004

bra & undies only 164.2 lbs

pouch 41
hips (below pouch) 41
waist 34 << gone down 1 in since mid april :D
arm (5.5 in down from shoulder) 12
neck 13
calf (4 n down from knee) 14 1/2
top part of leg (at crotch ) 1 leg 26
sitting 45
under breasts 33
breasts 36.5-37 << gone down 1+ inch since mid april

tcastro Thu, May-06-04 06:49

Congratulations! Seeing people stick to this diet for more than a year and continue to get results gives many of us inspiration :)

danakins Thu, May-06-04 07:17

Quote:
when you plateau or stall out, #1 give it time and #2 go back to the basics, which for me is measuring and logging my foods (I need to be better about this), exercise and cut out the fake 'low carb foods'.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Congratulations on your acheivement!!!!!

tammy565 Thu, May-06-04 07:20

Congratulations!! :cheer:

You're doing so well. It's people like you who are inspiration to all of us to stay dedicated.

Tammy

Itty Thu, May-06-04 07:56

I have just celebrated a year as well, and I definitely say congrats!!!!!!

Keep at it, you might take a very long time to lose the last 20 lbs-- I am close to the same weight as I was 7 months ago, can't get those last couple of lbs!!-- but they will come off if you stay focussed (and you are!))

Way to go!!!

Mary

saltnpeppa Thu, May-06-04 08:47

thanks everyone, I am going on vacation tomorrow and while I plan to enjoy myself and not be uptight, that doesn't mean it's alicense to go overboard too. It's a WOL!

Petrina31 Thu, May-06-04 11:05

Congratulations!!!! What an accomplishment. You are truly an inspiration.

Have a wonderful time on vacation.

Again, WAY TO GO!!!!

-Petrina

pookalee Thu, May-06-04 11:26

Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration (coming from someone in the midst of 2 month stall). I just decided to log my food in a personal journal since I had to get online to use Fitday and it just became seriously time consuming. I am exercising again and watching my carbs more closely (also trying to go all natural with the carbs). Thanks for helping another LCer hang in there {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}...Jan

sqkitty Thu, May-06-04 11:39

Yay!!!! good for you... I'm very impressed when I see people who've been on this woe for a long time. It goes to show that anything is possible if you really work and want it bad!!!

Karenemt Thu, May-06-04 12:43

Congratulations! Results like yours inspire the rest of us to stick to our plans.