Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   birthday cake and beer (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=97128)

debmarjs Mon, Apr-07-03 05:30

birthday cake and beer

Had strong temptations last night. I was at a birthday party and I love birthday cake yum. They also had beer which I used to enjoy every once and a while. But I didnt touch any of it. I know its just not worth it! I had some sugar free jello and heavy cream instead. But wow the cravings can get a little out of control. But I know I can defiently resist them.

Paleoanth Mon, Apr-07-03 05:59

Good for you! Sometimes it is hard, isn't it? I went out to dinner on Saturday and everyone but me had dessert. It looked really good. I usually try to eat something before I go out-that way I am not as tempted.

KellyG5 Mon, Apr-07-03 06:29

That is great you didn't fall into temptation for birthday cake. I have to say I wasn't as strong on Friday, it was my twin daughters brithday (they turned 6) and I had a piece of the birthday cake.

I also have to get through my oldest daughter's birthday which is April 20th! Oh these birthdays are about to do me in!

hippygal Mon, Apr-07-03 08:00

Birthday Cake.......

OMG ! I love birthday cake. I too had to resist this weekend.
Took daughters to friends birthday party. They even had 2 cakes on the table.One chocolate and one white. It was sooooo hard to resist. :(

Skamito Mon, Apr-07-03 09:04

I'm going to a wedding next weekend... just imagine me! :)

yvonne326 Mon, Apr-07-03 09:07

That is so great that you resisted!!! Im proud of you (as you are of yourself) GOOD GOING!!!

KellyG5 Mon, Apr-07-03 09:12

Angela...usually when I am at a wedding I can resist the cake, because I am such a social butterfly that I am too busy socialize to have cake!

Same goes for other birthdya parties, my downfall is my own kids brithday parties.

The twins had their birthday on friday and we had a small cake for them. BUT their birthdya party is actually this coming friday, it is a shared birthdya party with their older sister. So we will have cake friday night. THEN we will have another cake on my oldest daughter's birthday which is on easter. The family will be coming over for dinner and to have birthday cake.

Lots of cakes between now and easter!

gary Mon, Apr-07-03 09:23

Birthday cake eat it or keep it

I hate to mention this for people who people who are doing great in avoiding such temptation - please keep up the good work. I have been in maintenance for 8.5 months now and I can have birthday cake and icecream and beer - BUT occasionally. Even on induction I cheated for my family members birthdays. BUT that is it. Not advice for anyone who can't stop eatin it. Plus I only have one serving. Plus my temptation is limited to home-made birthday cakes. I have never liked the store ones drenched in icing. So most company parties I ignore - even my own recently. They gave me an icecream cake with all the icing - so I cut it up for everybody else. We do not keep cakes in our house so there is no temptation :wave:

bebe123 Mon, Apr-07-03 10:05

Great Job!

Just think about all the hard work you will blow if you cheat! Nothing tastes that good!

Keep up the good work!