Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   A chef with great low carb recipes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=156822)

chefmorais Sun, Jan-04-04 03:44

A chef with great low carb recipes

Hello everyone. My name is Tom. I started the atkins diet in dec, 28 2003, I was 275. 6 days later im 264. My goal is to be 175. I have done this before. I was 350 and dropped to 250 in 6 months. So if anyone has questions, please ask away.
Tommy the chef

amdevelish Sun, Jan-04-04 07:16

Welcome to the board Tom!! We'll love having a chef around ;) Right now I am on induction so my menu is pretty plain really but maybe once I move into OWL I'll seek your assistance for some tasty meals!!

Jump right in and make yourself at home!

enginepe Sun, Jan-04-04 20:51

Thanks, chef. When I make my alfredo sauce it comes out too runny. Do you have a good recipe for alfredo sauce using heavy cream?

Bjuba Sun, Jan-04-04 21:29

OK Tommy - how did you drop 100 lbs in six months?

chefmorais Sun, Jan-04-04 22:19

Well alfredo sauce is easy. Start off with butter and garlic on low heat. Add the heavy cream and cook until reduced 25%. Then add parm cheese and parsley, season with salt and pepper. Mix with a wisk to fully incorporate the cheese. Just keeping letting it cook until its reduced enough.
I hope I was able to help.

chefmorais Sun, Jan-04-04 22:25

Ok Bjuba. I started at 350. I was eating as much fat as I could eat. Like 3-4 eggs with 4-5 slices of bacon in the morning. 1-2 triple cheeseburgers for lunch without the bun. And eating shrimp or pork wrapped in bacon at night. I was also walking maybe 5 miles a day around a track. The other thing that helped was I stayed on induction for 6 months, so that might be the key.

got4girls Mon, Jan-05-04 08:03

Okay, Tommy? How do I cook pretty much everything? Because I seem to have a hard time cooking the majority of foods! :lol: So, like I said on my other post, you just come and live here now. My husband won't mind, we'll make room. lol :lol: Just kidding with you, don't get scared. :p

chefmorais Mon, Jan-05-04 16:46

Sounds like fun got4girls. Please if you need help with any recipes, please let me know.

enginepe Tue, Jan-06-04 08:05

Tommy,

How bout a really great lo carb meatloaf recipe? Including the ketchup or sauce for the top.

Thanks,

James

Bjuba Tue, Jan-06-04 09:08

Yes that would be great - DH's fav. but I am unable to find low carb ketchup - a recipe for that would be great as well.

enginepe Tue, Jan-06-04 10:26

Bjuba - I make a lo carb ketchup with an 8oz can of tomato sauce (a total of 12 carbs per can) and then add a few tablespoons of vinegar, some onion powder, salt and a few packets of splenda. It aint bad.

enginepe Tue, Jan-06-04 10:29

Bjuba, I forgot to mention that I cook it on low heat for about 20 min.

Bjuba Tue, Jan-06-04 10:48

Thanks enginepe - I have been missing my ketchup - will give this a try! There used to be low cal - low sodium Heinze ketchup in the stores but I have been everywhere and cannot find it now. I wonder why they stopped making it.

pixy_nixy Tue, Jan-06-04 16:42

I heard that Heinz is coming out with a new low carb ketchup that is like 1 carb per serving.
Hmmm Chef, do you have a recipe for good faux french fries... like with daikon or turnips? That are crispy.
Or a batter or breading that's legal so I could made cheesesticks without losing most of the cheese?
Or a good gravy that doesn't have the texture of slime....like you get wit Guar or Xanthum Gum?
I've been losing the experimental battle lately. Thnx.

tulips Tue, Jan-06-04 17:19

Welcome Tom!!! It's too cool to have a chef aboard....Look forward to reading your tips!