Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   34.2 lbs and counting (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=176707)

LUCKYLADY Sat, Apr-03-04 13:16

34.2 lbs and counting

I've already posted and intro on another thread but hey why not posting another one here. I'm Lisa I'm 35 and was about 213 lbs from my goal back in january when i started my lc journey. I am proud to say that i am now down to 341.2 lbs and only about 181 lbs away from goal. I'm hoping to make it below the 300 lb mark within the next 6 motnhs.....I can do it I know I can!!!! I am working mommy to my very active 2 1/2 year old baby boy....oops he's not a baby anymore is he?...lol I have been married to my hubby mike for almost 8 year now and he loves me just the way I am....but hey I'm not doing this for him am I? I think I'm gonna really enjoy meeting new friends here.....good luck to us all!!!!

Marieshops Sat, Apr-03-04 13:30

Welcome to TDC Lisa. You have come to a great place for support and fun. Congrats on your loss so far and good luck with your 6 month goal. You can do it!

Marie

LUCKYLADY Sat, Apr-03-04 13:32

Thanks Marie.....I'm ready for some support!....lol

Rocky_Cdn Sat, Apr-03-04 16:35

Welcome to TDC Lisa!

Congrats on your success so far. Looks like you're setting realistic goals. Keep posting and read, read, read!

Rocky

pinkpen Sat, Apr-03-04 19:09

Welcome, Lisa and congrats on your fantastic progress so far! :Party: Looking forward to getting to know you and watching your progress! We can do this! In fact, we ARE doing this!

Mavis :wiggle:

hummelda Sat, Apr-03-04 20:48

A big welcome to you Lisa!! And congrats on your loss to date! Come back often!

orchidday Sat, Apr-03-04 21:29

Welcome Lisa! I look forward to having you join up the TDC! Congrats on such a wonderful start.

Orchid

Dewi Sat, Apr-03-04 21:40

HI Lisa welcome to TDC. Its a great place to be my fellow NYorker.

Visit often,
Dewi

stephiewil Sat, Apr-03-04 22:42

Welcome Lisa, I am new to the TDC too !! You are doing so great and are such an inspiration to me !!! I am so glad you joined and look forward to watching you race to your goal !! I plan to be right behind you !!! Stephie :yay:

LUCKYLADY Sun, Apr-04-04 00:34

Thankyou everyone for all your kind words!!!! I have been spending so much time on this site that hubby asks if i will ever join "real life" again.....lol. He just doesn't understand! I am getting better at navigating throught the site but at times I feel very overwhelmed but the amount of threads here....I never know where to start. I find myself just checking the new posts and hoping i'm not missing anything....lol. This site has been a great find, you are all so supportive. I really feel like i can do this!

amarise28 Sun, Apr-04-04 01:38

hi there and welcome!

:wave: hi there! WELCOME :bhug:
i'm not new but i've been gone awhile so i am just rededicating myself to induction once again...so maybe we can cheer eachother on :cheer: :yay: :hyper: :wiggle: :agree: :agree: :agree: :cheer:

my highest was 348 and a HALF over a year ago..but i wasnt very strict :nono: in following this WOL..now i know it is THE only answer aside from that dangerous gastric bypass surgery :help: ... :rolleyes: ...(anyone see oprah yesterday?)
so...i thank God for atkins and this forum and others like you and the TDC who know what it is like to battle carb demons :devil:... anyway....i am so glad to "meet" you. :wave::wave:..way to go!! :hyper: WE CAN DO THIS!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

-amarise

liz175 Sun, Apr-04-04 10:36

Welcome Lisa and congratulations on your great start!

I have also had problems with substituting my addiction to this site for my addiction to carbohydrates! Once you have been doing this a while, however, a lot of the posts start to get repetitive so you do spend less time here. I do find it helpful to check in everyday -- it's good motivation for keeping on track. Most of the time I just check the TDC for new posts and then go to a few journals. I also like to check out the articles posted under the LC Research section -- I often learn new things there.

chubbywubb Sun, Apr-04-04 13:33

Welcome!! So nice to have you aboard! HOpe you find it as helpful as I have!!

Renkin1990 Mon, Apr-05-04 07:53

Welcome! Hope you find the support you need here. I too am relatively new and have received tons of information, support and encouragement from the wonderful people on this site.

Good Luck to you on your weight loss journey!

Michelle

CindyG Mon, Apr-05-04 15:36

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the TDC! You're off to a terrific start!
Hope to see you around here!