Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Puffy (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=74773)

chocolate Tue, Dec-10-02 07:17

Puffy

Since I started this woe I've been waking up with a puffy face, swollen eyes and looking really drek!!!
So I thought maybe it was water retention so I've been drinking like a fish, waking up to go to the loo all night and have been waking up worse than before. This morning I could barely open my eyes I looked like I had been punched.

Ideas?

Thanks
C.

plum Tue, Dec-10-02 08:10

sorry not really, choc, but I wanted to tell you I love the word "drek"
very descriptive !
only thing I can think of is, I have a girl friend who has asthma, nd she often says she gets really puffy eyes if she overdoes it with wheat.

Of course this is the thing she loves most, but shes sensitive to it.... cutting down on wheat for a few days eases it , then she gets complacent.... starts wheat again.... swollen eyes again.

perhaps cut the wheat for a few days, to see?

chocolate Tue, Dec-10-02 08:28

Yeah, drek!! Great word!

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, Plum, I'll definitely try. It's funny how bread is not number 1 on my list of goodies but since CADing I've been having it every day. I s'pose it's great accompaniment for anything!!!

I just checked out the mirror in the bathroom and my face is getting better: now I only look like I've been punched in 1 eye!! :p

I was just thinking that maybe it could have something to do with TOM: I've had the worst month in years as far as pain and depression are concerned (had to stay at home from work Tuesday because I kept passing out) and although it finished friday maybe it's a left-over...

nawchem Tue, Dec-10-02 13:46

choc-have you seen a dr.? Is this a normal thing for you to pass out from tom?

I'm worried about you.
Nancy

chocolate Wed, Dec-11-02 01:29

Hi Nancy!!

Thank you for your concern!! And yes, it seems that I'm healthy, tom aside. Until 2 years ago tom would come and go and I wouldn't even notice, I felt great, no pain, no pms. Then suddenly things changed and now I suffer like mad. I've been to 2 gynaecologists, have done scores of tests and apparently I'm fit as a fiddle. Conclusion: I'm getting older and bodies change.

And that's it. Actually this month was particularly difficult, I don't normally pass out, usually it only happens in the very hot months when my blood pressure is particularly low.

Thanks for caring!!! :D :D :D

And anyway going back to "puffy" I can't make out what's going on: I'm still retaining water like crazy, my ankles look like they've been sprained and my fingers too. Last night I tried on a pair of pants (the Pant-O-Meter!!!) that fit yesterday morning and couldn't get them over my hips. This morning they fit again but I'm still pretty bloated. I'll drink double today I guess....

Bye for now!! Have a good day!
C.