Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Swiss Miss hot Chocolate (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=74026)

Mattsgram Thu, Dec-05-02 10:41

Swiss Miss hot Chocolate

Just found this at my Kroger's. It's Swiss Miss Diet with calcium individual packets.
It's25 calories, 0 fat, 4gr carbs, 1gr fiber, 2gr sugar.
Best of all it is made with Splenda.
I came home and mixed up a cup and added 1 Tbsp. of heavy cream. Delish!!!!!!!!

Mjsturg1 Thu, Dec-05-02 12:06

I agree !!!

I must've used to much water in my mug because it tasted watered down but as I got to the bottom it was delicious !!!

DWRolfe Thu, Dec-05-02 12:55

I dunno....

I ran that data through the Hidden Carb Calculator, and I got 6.46 carbs per serving...

...which is more than I can afford. That's more than a piece of bread.

But I have to stay close to Induction levels to continue losing and y'all may not.

But it's worth noting.

Donald :wave:

Mjsturg1 Thu, Dec-05-02 14:17

Darn...

I hate that... Are there any labels we can believe??? Seems to me anything made with artificial sweetners comes up this way..

DarkLotus Fri, Dec-06-02 07:14

I believe that the swiss miss you mentioned also contains powdered milk, which would account for it being higher in carbs. I had bought some for my boyfriend a few months ago. I agree with Donald, not worth the carbs IMHO.

IslandGirl Fri, Dec-06-02 13:07

Dear DRWolfe, did you run ALL the figures from the nutrition label through the Hidden Carb calculator or just the ones posted here by MattsGram?

If I remember correctly, there is a wee proportion of fat and protein in that serving as well. The Hidden Carb calculator can only work correctly if one gives it all the info...

I remember this product, it's actually been around for SOME time, I've had it for 2 years or more when I could find it... rummaging through my drinks box here and there's a pouch with a notation of 8.2g total weight and 20 calories for the Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa Mix (note that Swiss Miss also had a Sugarfree version that was something like 8g carb total per serving, with aspartame -- which causes a LOT of confusion). Sadly, no nutrition label on the pouch.

MIGHT be worth searching the Products forum for previous posts on it.

Sig: the Products Moderator and complete foodie.

tripletmom Sun, Dec-15-02 20:36

I bought this at the store this weekend, so I have all the information:

Calories: 25
Fat: 0
Carb: 4
Fiber: 1
Protein: 2

hidden carb calculator has it at 4.28 carbs/serving. the calculator seems to factor in fiber, so total effective carb count is 4.28g.

Glad that I checked this thread, I would have been off by 1.28 carbs/cup!

DWRolfe Mon, Dec-16-02 10:18

Color me stupid...

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandGirl
Dear DRWolfe, did you run ALL the figures from the nutrition label through the Hidden Carb calculator or just the ones posted here by MattsGram?

Nope. I used the information supplied in the thread and I apologize if I misled anyone.

It changes nothing as far as my own WOE is concerned, but I'm glad others can incorporate it without a problem.

Thanks for the clarification, Tripletmom!

Donald :wave:

nitrovixen Wed, Mar-26-03 14:33

swiss miss

I have a spoon of this every morning in my (instant) coffee. I noticed that the serving size is 1/4 cup... who uses that much?
So it's only 1 or 2 carbs for a good size spoonful.