Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Heinz lc ketchup (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=180343)

Rosie Real Fri, Apr-23-04 21:35

Heinz lc ketchup

Is everyone finding this with the rest of the Heinz ketchup? Does it say Heinz or is it another brand making it for them??

Can you believe I live in Pittsburgh and can't find the darned stuff? :rolleyes:

MsBrenda Fri, Apr-23-04 21:48

Heinz does have a 1carb ketchup. I did find it with the rest of the Heinz ketchups. I haven't seen it in regular grocery stores, I actually found it at a Super Walmart. Good Luck finding it, it's wonderdul stuff :D

flwrfrog Fri, Apr-23-04 21:56

I actually like the ketch-a-tomato better after using it... it's spicier, more flavorful... takes less than the more watery ketchups. I even like it better than the real Heinz. If the 1carb Heinz tastes just like the real deal I may have to buy it for my DH & DS though.

=)
Cori

Rosie Real Fri, Apr-23-04 21:58

Thanks, I'll look for it! :)

I don't use ketchup, but my daughter wants some and I thought for sure I'd be able to find it around here since Heinz is in Pittsburgh. I hope super walmart has it. :)

MyJourney Sat, Apr-24-04 05:12

I get mine from my local grocery store, but they run out so fast!

The stuff tastes like regular ketchup, its amazing!

MyJourney Sat, Apr-24-04 05:13

Yes, it says Heinz on it and has a green cap instead of a white one. Be careful because the organic and the low sodium ones have green caps too, so you want to make sure to get the 1 carb. If your store carries it, it should be right near all the other ketchups.

filmlass23 Sat, Apr-24-04 08:21

I prefer the Keto Ketchup... but I'm now on the lookout for Carb Options' new ketchup... I'm not finding the Heinz anywhere in Atlanta!

Rosie Real Sat, Apr-24-04 08:23

I did see the Carb Options ketchup at the store yesterday, so if I can't find Heinz anywhere, I guess I'll get my daughter that one. Thanks everyone! :)

Nancy LC Sat, Apr-24-04 08:28

I'm not finding it either. Blah! San Diego is way behind on the low carb thing.

djcarbno Sat, Apr-24-04 09:14

I love the Heinz 1 carb ketshup...at WalMart it is with the regular ketshup..at other stores I have found it in their low-carb or health food sections.

shoshie Sat, Apr-24-04 10:26

it is under the carb options label. really food too! I have found it in walmart and publix supermarkets.

CarolynC Sat, Apr-24-04 10:30

The Heinz and the Carb Options are different. The Carb Options is made by Hellman's. I haven't tried the Carb Options ketchup, by the Heinz One is great! My local Publix just started carrying both of them within the past week. They're on the shelves with the regular ketchups.

mel92 Sat, Apr-24-04 11:53

I just purchased the new Carb Options ketchup made by Hellmans, so I'll let ya know how it tastes!

:)

Rosie Real Sat, Apr-24-04 12:06

Thanks Mel, that would be great. I thought I saw Hellman's on the label. :)

Quest Sat, Apr-24-04 13:12

No Heniz ketchup yet in the Chicago area that I know of, but I haven't checked Walmart. I have gotten pretty used to the spicy "Catch-a-tomato" stuff.