Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   what do you eat at the continental brakfast? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=97062)

juliehowel Sun, Apr-06-03 20:17

what do you eat at the continental brakfast?

Hi all! well i went out of town for the weekend with three other ladies. our hotel offered the typical continental breakfast of CARBOHYDRATE HELL. I was so hungry i ate. not alot but just enough to blow not olnly one day but two! being with 3 other people i could not complain about the "free breakfast". So everyone be warned! and prepared, i was not. now i have to start all over, AGAIN! :rolleyes:
BUT! TOMOROW IS ALWAYS FRESH , WITH NO MISTAKES!
Julie :wave:

Pat S. Sun, Apr-06-03 20:33

I have been in the same spot it is awful I'm afraid I didn't do very good myself. Good luck Pat S

acipenser Sun, Apr-06-03 22:24

i travel alot, the one thing i learned is to bring my own breakfast!!! contental breakfast is nothing but bad!!! i would love to see the day that eggs and bacon/sausage are included in the "contental" breakfast!!

Iowagirl Mon, Apr-07-03 09:38

Amen, I too, travel and the continental breakfasts are just a carb fest. Best to bring a premixed shake (Atkins cafe au lait isn't bad), pour it over ice. Better yet, get up early and treat yourself to a hot breakfast somewhere else!

csj Mon, Apr-07-03 11:23

Those things grossed me out even when I was eating carbs. I watched them "clean up" one day. All the un-eaten bread just went back in the bag. For tomorrow, maybe? How long is the stuff saved? How would you know? Those usually aren't restaurant folks managing those things and I have no idea what standards they are supposed to meet. I agree with whoever said take your own (nuts, jerky, shakes).

Cindy

lkonzelman Mon, Apr-07-03 11:25

Continental breakfast is rolls/danish/donuts and coffee.... sorry but the only lc thing is coffee...

rustpot Mon, Apr-07-03 13:31

Continental breakfast is the arch enemy of the LC world. It is a WMD to our WOL.

Come to England for a proper breakfast. The full monty cooked English breakfast.

From superior hotels to the humble bed and breakfast I have sampled Succulent sausage, bacon, eggs and cooked tomato. No need for the toast and leave the fried bread.

Or how about Finnan haddock poached in milk with butter and a poached egg on the top.

Then again there is nothing finer for breakfast in England than smoked kippers swimming in butter.

I was faced with this continental disaster of a breakfast in my recent trip to Key West. The only saviour was a bowl of hard boiled eggs.

There is nothing elegant or quiet about eating hard boiled eggs. I disturbed the tranquility of the garden breafasters by my imitation of a woodpecker....tapping my egg on the table.The mess is... messy. If the eggs are over cooked the middle is a dry crumble that takes forever to swallow.

The trick is to take a bite of egg, swallow a mouthful of coffee and repeat as desired. Boy did I repeat. Stay upwind of me after breakfast ;)

csj Mon, Apr-07-03 13:37

Oh, yum! The English breakfast sound like a reason for a trip!! Where did you guys get the rep for bad food? Although, I do blanch at steak-and-kidney pie. :) I know, I know - this from the country that gave the world fast (pardon the expression) food.

Cindy

mkm Wed, Apr-09-03 14:19

I never travel away from home, without having some protein powder and some nuts in the bag. It has saved me a couple of times...

Shelley J Wed, Apr-09-03 20:23

I say skip the cont breakfast and go out. :idea: