Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ottawa LC Gathering, Friday Feb. 27th, 6:30 PM at Local Heros (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=164802)

tamarian Thu, Feb-05-04 11:48

Ottawa LC Gathering, Friday Feb. 27th, 6:30 PM at Local Heros

Hi folks,

Our first Ottawa Low-Carb Gathering, to be held:
Quote:

Date: Friday, Feb 27th, 2004
Time: 6:30 PM

613-733-0808
1525 Bank Street,
Ottawa
Reservation name: Low-Carb Forum

Four of us have so far confirmed our attendance: Claudius, Ottawa, Rune1990 and myself from the other thread. Please join us, and reply here if you can make it, so we can make a reservation for as large a table as necessary.

If you cannot make it, we plan on future gathering as well, so keep an eye on the next meeting, and feel free to make suggestions for time, and location preferences for future meetings.

Wa'il

bassgirl Thu, Feb-05-04 18:48

I'll be there!

Froufie Thu, Feb-05-04 19:34

Good planning....I will try and make it but probably after dinner??? Not sure how late you will be there. Youngest child has "school event"...I think it's from 4-8 pm....so I may drop by after if possible......

Froufie:)

tamarian Thu, Feb-05-04 21:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassgirl
I'll be there!

Great, it was your idea after all! :)

Wa'il

Karen Fri, Feb-06-04 01:53

It's good to see that you've picked up the torch Wa'il. Keep those low-carb home fires burning in my home town! :D

Karen

tamarian Fri, Feb-06-04 08:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen
It's good to see that you've picked up the torch Wa'il. Keep those low-carb home fires burning in my home town! :D

Let us know when you're in town, we can organize something as I'm sure many would love to meet you in person :)

Wa'il

slimmin Fri, Feb-06-04 08:30

I'm going to try and make it as well.

Mandra Sun, Feb-08-04 13:07

Perfect! And within walking distance of my work too.......:yay:

Karen Sun, Feb-08-04 20:03

Quote:
Let us know when you're in town, we can organize something as I'm sure many would love to meet you in person
I'll keep my fingers crossed that Ottawa will be part of the book tour. :)

Karen

Ottawa Wed, Feb-11-04 14:54

I'm will be out of town for a while but will definitely be back on time for our dinner at Local Heroes on the 27th. I just wanted to let you know since I will not have access again until that week.

BTW: I just got a shipment of FiberFit (Liquid Splenda via a US relay) and with shipping it works out to about CAN$12.00/bottle if you order 8 or more. Still a little expensive but it lasts a few months and saves a carb or two every hot drink.
Xylitol (sugar alcohol in crystal form) can come direct from the factory if you have a local (Utah) purchaser but the shipping adds a fair bit since it is bulkier and heavier. It works out to almost the same price as Maltitol/Malitol from the local GNC but with less gastic results for most people.

See you at the dinner.

mildwild Thu, Feb-12-04 19:08

i'm in :)

how will we know the group?
reservation name perhaps?
-Jenn

tamarian Thu, Feb-12-04 19:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildwild
i'm in :)

how will we know the group?
reservation name perhaps?
-Jenn

"Low-Carb Forum" :)

Wa'il

Mandra Fri, Feb-20-04 07:07

bumping up

Rune1990 Fri, Feb-20-04 19:23

I believe my Father in law (and his wife) will be attending as well. While not a forum browser, he is an Atkins 'newbie' :)

I think my husband will also be coming along.

tamarian Mon, Feb-23-04 13:38

I just phoned them and made a reservation for 10 under "low-carb forum".

See you all there :)

Wa'il