Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Need help with slow loss please (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=96602)

DCMark Fri, Apr-04-03 08:03

Need help with slow loss please

Hi:

I am trying to lose about 15-20 pounds in 2.5 months prior to my wedding. The weigt is pretty much concentrated in my belly :p

I have been on induction for 18 days or so and have not cheated, except for some alcohol (wine twice) and coffee, perhaps 5 times. I also ate asparatame flavored jello. No candy, sweets, bread, etc.

I am exercising, and will continue. Running 3x per week.

I have only lost 2 pounds, which is dissapointing. Can anyone check my journal and tell me why?

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...Owner=mkitchell

Thanks! Mark

PS: FOr the past 3 days I have been doing the xandrine stack (with edphra) to get me moving.

DCMark Fri, Apr-04-03 09:10

23 views! Anyone?

(impatient, I know!)

kmwebb1967 Fri, Apr-04-03 09:14

I would say that you need more veggies....fiber you know!
Also...drink tons of water...at LEAST 3 liters a day.
Skip the no-no's...alcohol especially since your body will burn it before it burns fat.
Make sure your fat/carb/protien ratios are right. (70%/5%/25%)
And it didn't seem to me that you are getting enough calories.
Up the fat and calories (silly as it sounds!)
Take your vitamin/mineral supplements.

I'm no expert by any means but I think you will find you will get similar advice from most LC veterans.
Good luck and congratulations on your up coming nuptuals!

:wave:

manucpa Fri, Apr-04-03 11:01

I just have a Fitday observation - on 4/3 you put in 1 cup of hard boiled egg - did you mean 1 cup or 1 egg ? You have to watch the defaults with Fitday.

DCMark Fri, Apr-04-03 11:04

that should be 2 eggs. thanks

Crimson Fri, Apr-04-03 12:14

Looks to me, for the amount of activity you're doing, that you're not getting enough CALs or fat. You need to up your fat (which will up the cals too). You might've gone into starvation mode which will result in little to no weight loss. Try putting some unsalted butter on your veggies, melted into your spinach. Also, some mayo on your chicken. Remember that olive oil is excellent for this WOL.. And don't be afraid to eat more. Meat and poultry have no carbs... eat as much of those items as you want.

stevensond Fri, Apr-04-03 12:18

I checked out your profile
It looks OK
your carbs are reasonable
some days came close to 30, not unreasonable

however, you want/need to lose less than 20 pounds
that is not much (as least compared to me)
Low carb is one of the fastest ways to lose weight
but you can only expect so much

20% first month
10% following months
to lose of excess weight

if you need to lose 20 pounds you can expect to lose 4 pounds the first month!!

Keep up the exercise, that will help
drink LOTS of water, at least a gallon a day

be aware that your alcohol towerance drops considerably!!
have a plan for how you will keep the weight off after you are married. Most newly weds gain weight.

Good luck!!

DCMark Fri, Apr-04-03 12:44

thanks steven. Great advice.

On the carbs over 20g, if you actually look at my meals (which I did not expect anyone to do in detail), any carbs over 20 is a result of veggie fiber cards that Fitday cannot account for. My understanding is that in Atkins we subtract fiber carbs from total carbs to get to our daily carbs.

thanks

Paleoanth Fri, Apr-04-03 13:43

You are right, you do subtract fiber.

I find that when I lose best is when I am having 10X my body weight in calories and 70% of those calories comes from fat.

Also, you might lose inches and not weight at the same time, so make sure you measure! If you look like you want, who cares what the scale says?