Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Green Tea Supplement Question (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187404)

slp2000 Thu, May-27-04 17:24

Green Tea Supplement Question

i know that green tea is good for many reasons. does anyone take capsules of green tea, and it says to take one, but i was wondering, does anyone take more then one. i read somewhere that 1 capsule is equal to 1 cup of brewed tea. just wondering if i can take 2, and get more benifits?

jjbswest Thu, May-27-04 17:58

My bottle says to take one and it also says that it is equal to 3 cups of green tea.

Cindi3 Thu, May-27-04 18:06

Is it really true that green tea helps you loose weight ?

LisaAC Thu, May-27-04 19:18

I don't know about the loosing weight part, but I do know it's a good antioxident.

Paris Thu, May-27-04 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi3
Is it really true that green tea helps you loose weight ?

Green tea and white tea (which I prefer) contain EGCG which can help speed up metabolism, so it may contribute to weight loss.

iceyfire77 Thu, May-27-04 22:16

I take enough green tea capsules to kill a small child and I also drink green tea with splenda...usually 2 - 3 mugs a day. I find that it does aid my weightloss. I can eat a couple more carbs with no stalls. But maybe that's just me. I like the energy from them though. My favorite ones are the Dexatrim Naturals Herbal formula...they seem to pump up my energy the most. As far as benefits of green tea...you'll find if you drink a mug before each meal, it will really quell your hunger, you might not even WANT to eat anything after you drink a mug. I take the capsules for energy, but i feel that to really get the benefits of green tea, you should drink it. Just my two cents.

becca

LisaAC Fri, May-28-04 06:51

What about the small amount of caffine that's in Green Tea. Can that offset ketosis? I know were supposed to stay away from caffine because it can spike the blood sugar.

iceyfire, I'll have to try that. Drinking a cup of Green Tea before meals may ease up that darned case of the "munchies" I've been having all week. I know I'm not hungry, not bored, but don't feel satisfied either. Not sure exactly why.

Paris Fri, May-28-04 08:23

If you are worried about the caffeine, try white tea - all the benefits of green tea with better taste (IMO) and only 15 mg caffeine per cup.

LisaAC Fri, May-28-04 13:52

Thanks.
I tried white tea once, but wasn't too impressed with it. it's ok though.

maximus76 Fri, May-28-04 15:03

what do you guys think about those chinese slim tea, chinese diet tea and chinese caffeine free green tea?
do they have any carbs in?
i tried before and they usually help "digest" food and flush it out :p

LisaAC Fri, May-28-04 15:18

True, but the chinese slim tea has some rather strong herbs in it. I've used it before. And if the tea is made too strong, it can cause stomach cramps. :(
But boy, does it flush out the system.