Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Eggfast broke my stall!!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=101889)

katiegirl Tue, Apr-29-03 12:13

Eggfast broke my stall!!!!!

I HAVE BROKEN MY STALLLLLL!!!!! WHOOHOOO!

After a 3 week stall between 216 - 217.5 I have broken my stall this morning weighing in at 214.5 YEAAHHH!!

So what did it? This glorious egg fast that blessed starchile told us about. Thank you starchile. I think I will continue with my 3rd day of egg fast just to be sure the weight doesn't come back on and I am sure that I'm past my stall.

Anyone who's been stalled for some time should try this...
All you do is eat eggs with added fat like butter and oil. DO NOT ADD CARBS. I stayed away from even adding cream. I found onion powder tastes great on fried eggs. Also, make sure you eat a diff. type of cooked egg for each meal, makes it easier. I used scrambled for breakfast, Hard Boiled for lunch and fried for dinner.

Good luck! :wave:
Katie

RCFletcher Wed, Apr-30-03 00:19

Hi Katie,

Just out of interest - how many eggs did you find you were eating in a day?

Robert

katiegirl Wed, Apr-30-03 11:22

Day 1: breakfast 5 scrambled eggs
lunch 3 fried eggs
dinner 4 fried eggs 12 eggs total

Day 2: breakfast 5 scrambled eggs
lunch 3 HB eggs
dinner 4 fried eggs
snack 2 HB eggs 14 eggs total

Day 3: breakfast 4 fried eggs
snack 1 HB egg
lunch 4 HB eggs
dinner 4 fried eggs 13 eggs total

Sounds pretty gross, but I was surprised it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Never hungry, no cravings. Lost 4 lbs. Pretty good trade for a few days I think.

:)

starchile Wed, Apr-30-03 15:29

Good going!

Wow! YOU ARE A BELIEVER!!!! hahaa!!! Just wanted to congratulate you here as well, katie!!!

:D :D :D

-Star

STALLQUEEN Thu, May-01-03 09:42

Anything at all except eggs, did you still have a coffee, I have to have my one cofferr with cream and splenda.

Was wondering if I did the 2 meals a day as eggsa and one meat veggie if it would be as effectibe.

What do you think, would so love to get under the 150 mark,

RCFletcher Thu, May-01-03 10:12

Thanks for the egg count katiegirl. I might try it!
Robert

katiegirl Thu, May-01-03 12:13

I think if you are going to really do the fast, to shake up your body you might need to do something drastic and cut out what you are used to eating.. it's not the fact that you are eating egss, it's the fact that your carb count by eating eggs is virtually zero all day, and your body quickly goes into ketosis. I would recommend for 2 or 3 days cutting out the coffee (its worth it to break a stall!!) and not adding meat or anything else. The veggies might defeat the purpose because otherwise, its just like doing induction. I would try nothing but the eggs and added fat. But that's just me :)

coolazchic Thu, May-01-03 14:43

On the egg fast can you have mayo? To mix eggs with mayo and some of the onion powder you mentioned might make this tolerable. It is currently my TOM and I have been eating like a pig but even previous to that I have been at a stall ever since I moved on to OWL. No pounds, no inches.....urgh. I am considering your egg method. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks

katiegirl Thu, May-01-03 18:22

Yes mayo would be fine, just don't add any carbs! :)

Good luck, I hope you move past your stall! Let me know if this works for you!

Katie

coolazchic Fri, May-02-03 00:44

Thanks Katie. I am going to start this as soon as my TOM is gone. I want a complete fresh start. I am excited to start!

tekunoroji Sat, May-03-03 20:44

Ok I am getting desperate and thinking of trying this even though I absolutely HATE eggs (unless they are hardboiled or wrapped around veggies in an omelette)...

So what I want to know is, did your weight STAY off and are you continuing to lose? I don't want to force eggs down my throat for a couple of days just to get a woosh and stall again.

Thanks! :D

Meagan

katiegirl Mon, May-05-03 01:20

Well, for me I have had kind of an unexpected dillema. I just moved and so for the last 2 days I have been living on atkins bars and shakes and mcdonalds because I haven't had anything available to cook with being it was all packed up. Those types of things make me either stall or gain, so I feel like i have gained a little, but the weight did stay off at least 2 days after I was done with the egg fast. I am back on induction now that I am in the house I moved to, hopefully those lbs. will come back off. We'll see. I think that for someone that didn't go overboard on the atkins products right afterwards that the weight should stay off. As for continuing loss or stalling, every body is different. You'll have to see if your body decides to stall again or not. Hopefully not!!

Good luck!

Katie