Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   low carbing in Iowa (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=94477)

julieboo3 Tue, Mar-25-03 10:28

low carging in Iowa

Hi. Just wondering if there any fellow low carbers on this board from Iowa. Sometimes I feel as if I am the only person in all of Iowa that is low carbing!!! :wave:

Iowagirl Tue, Mar-25-03 14:43

Well, now there's two! I'm in Davenport, and you?

junebug61 Mon, Mar-31-03 17:03

Three, Cedar Falls

Iowagirl Wed, Apr-02-03 15:29

Are you from Iowa or just had to relocate to this beautiful state of ours?
I grew up in the Des Moines area.

SubwayGirl Wed, May-28-03 19:14

Iowa

I'm in Mount Pleasant Iowa!

Iowagirl Thu, May-29-03 07:58

Would you believe I've actually been to Mt.Pleasant? I have a friend that has temporarily relocated there - works for the phone company - Iowa Telecom.

Iowagirl Thu, May-29-03 09:27

Wait a minute...there's no subways in Iowa! :D

julieboo3 Thu, May-29-03 17:38

I am in Manchester, Iowa, ever heard of it? Just a small town but I love it!!

SubwayGirl Thu, May-29-03 18:24

Iowa

I love Mount Pleasant!

Sometimes I wish there were no Subways in Iowa-It sure is hard to ignore the bread and those darn cookies!
I have never heard of Manchester, Iowa. What part of Iowa is that in?

Iowagirl Fri, May-30-03 08:27

Been there, too! And to the lovely Backbone State Park.

julieboo3 Fri, May-30-03 17:40

Manchester is in the northeast part of Iowa. i love backbone park also! One thing I don't like is that there are not many low carb things in the grocery store yet,such as low carb bread. I keep hoping that someday........

Iowagirl Sat, May-31-03 08:33

There are NO low carb products in Iowa - I buy everything online!

SubwayGirl Sat, May-31-03 08:37

I have noticed that too. Everytime I am in a new town I check out their grocery stores for low carb items. I have not had any success. The only thing I have found is a GNC in Iowa City that carries one item-a box of the Atkins bread mix. That is it!

I have not tried to purchase any low carb items online yet, but I plan too. I am really interested in those low carb tortillas that everyone has talked about. I guess what holds me back on ordering is that I am afraid to pay a high price for something that does not taste good. Does anyone have any favorites?

Michelle

Iowagirl Sat, May-31-03 20:00

There used to be a New Pioneer Food Co-op in Iowa City. I would think they would have something. Have you tried Cedar Rapids? Surely they have a GNC at the very least.

The lc tortillas are great. I, too, hesitate to buy some of these things as they are so expensive and, let's face it, some are downright horrid. Check out the link here about products - they show some reviews people have given. Or start a new thread - what's your fave lc product. I have made quesadillas from the tortillas, tacos and breakfast burritos. They freeze well so order in bulk!

Iowagirl Tue, Jun-03-03 10:16

Hey - where did everybody go? :wave: