Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I guess I am addicted (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=138657)

sharjbar Mon, Sep-22-03 06:10

I guess I am addicted

I started Atkins one month ago. Wanted to loose 25 or so pounds. Follow closely. I am addicted to coffe but trying to limit. (OUCH headaches). I don't want to give it up as is one vice I enjoy. I have limited lattes to one per week.
I like the Atkins bars, but stopped those now.
Lost 10 pounds in first two weeks and NOTHING since. Yes, I excercise - walk a mile a day. I drink Diet Rite about every three days.
Read the book again? I enjoy coffee and Diet Rite....can I have them or do I have to give up those as well? The Atkins bars are a treat....how often?
I want to be patient. Lord, give me patience, and give it to me NOW. :angel:

cincin11 Mon, Sep-22-03 06:23

Change your stats. Are you 174 now? My mom drinks her coffee , I am drinking my coffee again. As long as I am not gaining , who cares. I have never been addicted and only have one - two cups a day. I have been losing about 2 lbs a month I think.I eat till I am full and I am never hungry .I drink beer,wine ,drinks, I eat candy bars ,although not all the time,peanut butter.I exercized maybe 3 times. If I cut out everything I might lose faster,but whats the rush? I am happy . I would be so depressed,if I wanted a snack or dessert and couldnt have anything. Then I would feel deprived and probably really cheat.
Cindy

RCFletcher Mon, Sep-22-03 06:24

Coffee shouldn't stop weight loss altogether although i tmight slow it down. Why don't you post a day's menu so we can get more info

cincin11 Mon, Sep-22-03 06:27

I was in a rush at first to lose weight , but I have finally calmed down. I panicked when the scale went up and down the same 3 lbs or went up a few lbs more than that,but eventually it came back down. That first 10 lbs makes you want to believe it will keep on that way, but it doesnt . Now you will go through a stall probably . I think everyone does. Diet Rites are ok ,just dont drink them all day long. Your main drink for the day should be water.

ian559 Mon, Sep-22-03 06:32

I have been drink 6 to 8 cups of black coffee a day for years. Today I only made 4. I guess I am trying to cut it back to 2 before it over.... They say each cup of coffee is 1 gram of carbs so we will see.

sharjbar Mon, Sep-22-03 07:03

Thanks - I need my coffee to cope!
Average day is
Breakfast - Bacon (3-4) & 1 egg
Lunch - Salad -blue cheese
Dinner - Steak or burger...green beans
and small salad
5-6 coffee
1 or no Diet Rite
IF I am hungry - a piece of cheese
Wish I could continue with the Atkins bars as they were such a treat for me.

sharjbar Mon, Sep-22-03 07:05

CINCIN 11 You said to change my stats.
Thought I knew a lot about computers, but have yet to figure this site out. Duh