Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dr Atkins on Larry King Live Jan 6, 2003 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=76294)

Talon Sat, Dec-21-02 16:18

Dr Atkins on Larry King Live Jan 6, 2003

http://atkinscenter.com/Archive/2002/12/10-470850.html

"Larry King Live" with Dr. Atkins
Event Type: Television
Date: Monday, January 6, 2003
Time: 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST
Featuring: Robert C. Atkins, M.D.

Description:
Dr. Atkins will be a guest on CNN's "Larry King Live" on Monday, January 6. Larry King will interview Dr. Atkins one on one as they discuss the Atkins Nutritional ApproachTM, as well as the upcoming book, Atkins for Life.

jude Sat, Dec-21-02 16:44

Hi Talon,

Thanks for posting this. This is definitely one I don't want to miss.
I hope it's going to be a one on one interview. It should be interesting to hear Atkins when he's not spending most of the interview being browbeaten by some uninformed low fat guru.

BTW congratulations on your "tuck in" success! I laughed when I read that in your journal and thought to myself, "Yes! Right on! People who don't have our problem just wouldn't understand, but tucking in and wearing a belt is one of those major milestones. Just yesterday, I tried a pair of old jeans on that I haven't worn in years, and to my surprise, they fit.

judy

bob Wed, Jan-01-03 15:16

:wave:
I haven't read Talons Journal but I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I'm wearing clothes again that I haven't worn in the past couple years and tucking my shirts in too! Feels great! :yay:
I'm really not a tv watcher...dont even have cable and I'll be working when Atkins is on CNN, but I'd love to see it. :idea: hmmm, maybe I'll get someone to tape it for me. Thanks for the info! :thup: :thup: :thup:
Bob

Lars Wed, Jan-01-03 16:49

Ouch! No american TV

Hi,

This sounds like a must-see - for those that can...

Can onyone on this forum, or do they know someone who can, digitize this and make a download ? Otherwise I'll have to get a transcript.

Thanks!

tamarian Wed, Jan-01-03 16:55

CNN has transcript archives for all their shows, they can always be found here:

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/

Wa'il

Lars Wed, Jan-01-03 17:07

Video

Thanks - I found it just before I received your reply :)

I also sent an e-mail to his staff asking if it would be possible to get a digitized version of this one show for all the people who can't get CNN. It probably won't work, and I probably won't even get a reply, but it's worth a shot. It's always better to see the show than to read it. (guess reading it would be like "watching" fireworks on radio - a great concept by Mr Letterman)

ToBeThin99 Wed, Jan-01-03 22:08

Good News

Hi,
This is good news. I am definitely going to watch this . It will be good to here from the MAN himself :D

HippyMIs Fri, Jan-03-03 12:10

Dr.Atkins on TV again....Jan. 6

Dr.Atkins will be on Larry King Live again on Jan. 6 - I always love hearing him! Just thought you might want to know!!!! :D :D :D :D

macleay Fri, Jan-03-03 16:12

Thanks for letting us know. I've never seen him before
and I'd really love to. That's Monday. Okay, now I've
just got to remember :D !

Jill :wave:

Talon Sun, Jan-05-03 07:55

Just a reminder - tomorrow is the interview! I'm not going to be able to watch it live, but I have my Tivo recording it at midnight ourtime from the west coast.

jude Sun, Jan-05-03 09:20

Hi Talon,

Thanks for the reminder. Did you also see that he's going to be on the Today Show and The View near the end of January? Looks like LC is finally getting some attention from the mainstream media.

judy

bob Mon, Jan-06-03 07:31

Here is a copy of the email I recieved this morning from the Atkin site.

Now it's your turn to be heard! Dr. Atkins will appear as Larry King's only guest for one-hour on Monday night, January 6th at 9 P.M. EST on CNN and you can call-in to the program. The toll-free number won't be made public until the show begins, but Dr. Atkins invites you to call-in and ask your questions and share your success story with viewers of the Larry King program. Don't miss this terrific opportunity to tell the world that the Atkins Nutritional ApproachTM has worked for you and can work for others like you.

Dr. Atkins will answer questions about the science behind the Atkins Nutritional Approach, the foods you should eat when doing Atkins—including the right kinds of fruits and vegetables—and will discuss his new book, Atkins for Life, available in bookstores and at AtkinsCenter.com as of January 18th.

It's a "Don't Miss" for people who do Atkins.

tamarian Mon, Jan-06-03 16:29

O.k., a 30 minutes warning to tune in :)

Don't miss it folks!

Wa'il

tamarian Mon, Jan-06-03 16:50

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
O.k., a 30 minutes warning to tune in :)

Don't miss it folks!

Wa'il

Oops, sorry, I'm still thinking PST while I moved to EST! :D

It's at 9 PM EST

Wa'il

jude Mon, Jan-06-03 17:39

Larry King is on again at midnight. I'm assuming it's the same show--right? There are a couple of other programs on a 9pm that I want to watch and tape, but I wouldn't want to miss Larry King. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

judy