Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Newbie who needs to lose 100 lbs. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=157568)

fluffybear Wed, Jan-07-04 00:02

Newbie who needs to lose 100 lbs.

Hi,

I am trying to lose 100 lbs. in the next 12 months if possible. I am retired and live in a little bitty town, so I don't get a lot of exercise (at least not in the winter). But I have lost a little already and hope to keep losing. My husband is also trying to lose weight. We both have weight related health problems. It is nice to find this support board. :heart:

Mossling Wed, Jan-07-04 00:30

Welcome to TDC. I looked at your profile, and see you, too, are a happy empty nester. Isn't it fun to remember why you got married in the first place?

This is a great forum--lots of support, lots of friendly people. I hope you make your goal of 100 in a year, but even if you don't quite get there, you'll be closer to it at the end than you are now. So--good work!

Jude

MisterE Wed, Jan-07-04 04:59

Welcome...I wish you every success. But you may find it easier to aim for a 2 year period for your 100 pound weight loss. Either way you still lose 100 pounds. Remember every person loses at a different rate. Women generally lose slower than men. Older folx lose slower than younger folx. The amount of exercise you get has a direct bearing on how much weight you lose.
Regardless, you will do fine. Follow your program and eat wisely and you will do fine.

amdevelish Wed, Jan-07-04 05:34

Welcome to the board, start setting those 'mini-goals' makes the end not seem so far away... :)

smoothblu Wed, Jan-07-04 06:35

Welcome
Having someone doing it with you can be a big help.
I wish you and your husband both the best of luck

mudknife Wed, Jan-07-04 06:35

Welcome to the forum.

sophotia Wed, Jan-07-04 06:39

Welcome..this is a great group on this forum. U will have a lot of support here.

Good luck,

mudknife Wed, Jan-07-04 07:00

Oh, and you have to love the name fluffybear. fluffybear, fluffybear, it just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

neonsky Wed, Jan-07-04 08:19

Glad to see you here too, this place is wonderful for inspiration.The best of luck on your goal.

LCchickFL Wed, Jan-07-04 08:39

Good luck and congratulations on getting started!!

DWRolfe Wed, Jan-07-04 08:42

Hi there fluffybear! Welcome to the fourm and to the Triple Digits Club!

Lots of information and support here!

Good luck!

Donald

Tedmom Wed, Jan-07-04 10:57

Hi Fluffybear! Good luck to you on your LC journey and welcome to the TDC!

Marchstart Wed, Jan-07-04 11:56

Hi Fluffybear....

I wish you all the success in the world...you have come to the right site..thats for sure...there are some amazing people on here...ask lots of questions...we are all here to help you through the good , the bad and the ugly!

I have lost 93 lbs so far...been 10 months...Im hoping to loose a total of 108lbs on March 1 2004.

Good luck to you!!!!!
Janet

leslew5 Wed, Jan-07-04 13:29

GOOD LUCK!!!
This is a great place to get help and all of your questions answered!!!!!!!

And do not let the winter air stop you from exercising....get a video tape to exercise on the inside...that is what I did!!!!

Chantel30 Wed, Jan-07-04 13:33

Welcome to the TDC