Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   All the reasons why... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=90352)

max Tue, Mar-04-03 08:03

All the reasons why...

In response to a post on this forum I listed all my reasons for being on this journey.

This morning I came across my list and it was very motivational. I plan to review this list at least once per week, and definitely when I'm falling off the bandwagon.

I hope you all will find motivation this week, whatever your reasons.

iBelieve Tue, Mar-04-03 18:29

Thanks Max! And you bring up a great point for me. As I get further along toward my goal and enjoy all the great lowcarb benefits, I find I start to forget the reasons I started eating this way in the first place.

The fatigue, headaches, IBS, sluggishness, cloudy thought processes, bloating, etc. etc. etc. All of it seems like a distant dream. I even forget what it felt like to be so out of breath all the time, having trouble fitting behind the wheel of the car, walking up flights of stairs, aching knees and back, chest pains...on and on it goes.

But when I forget those ills, I am more tempted to cheat! I get into the mindset of "just this once won't hurt..." But it WILL, and I need to keep reminding myself of that, and of how far I've come in my health and well-being just by changing the way I eat.

Maybe I should make myself a list like yours to help keep me motivated and focused! :)

red1cutie Tue, Mar-04-03 18:36

Thanks Max!! This is so true. Despite the fact that the scale is not moving. I have more energy, my clothes feel looser, I sleep better, I am no longer addicted to pepsi, I have no cravings, I am eating more vegetables which means I am getting more nutrients, I am not starving and I am learning more and more about nutrition.

And I know if I stick to this, fine tune my diet and push myself to exercise the weight will come off.

I wish everyone good health and weight loss (if that's what you want).

red

Daethian Tue, Mar-04-03 19:02

I added my motivators and reminders to my desktop wall paper so I look at them several times a day at home :)

nikkil Wed, Mar-05-03 08:21

I've kept a written journal at home (don't have internet at home, only at work, and I was on vacation at home during first 12 days of Induction) and it's really, really helped me to go back and read my entries from those first 2 weeks. I still write in it on my days off, plus enter a lot of stuff in my journal on this forum (read it if you want) which has helped tremendously. I realize now, tho, after reading this post, that I haven't really written down WHY I want to do this, need to follow this WOL. I will do this when I get home this morning.

Thank you for making me think!

Nicole