Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Peanut Butter Fudge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=66674)

Azure Sat, Oct-19-02 15:12

Peanut Butter Fudge

I was at my local grocery store the other day and found Olde Style Fresh Ground Peanut Butter in 1 lb plastic containers. It's 5g total carbs, 2 of which are fibre. No added salt or sugar. The ingredients just list U.S. selected fresh roasted peanuts.

It's very firm. The container says to stir before using. But there's no way you can stir it. Can't even spread it on anything. It's kinda crumbly. It's consitency almost reminds me of a peanut butter fudge I used to eat as a kid. Which made me think of trying the following...

equal parts peanut butter and cream cheese
however much peanut butter you use, use 1/4 as much butter
cocoa, splenda & stevia to taste.

Mix it in a food processor until blended well. Form into balls or whatever shapes you want and chill. They're very nummy. I know these aren't very precise directions, but I'm kind of a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type cook. :)

willow200 Mon, Oct-21-02 16:54

Peanut Butter Fudge

This sounds SOOOO GREAT!!!!
Thanks!
Annette :wave:

arnie Fri, Oct-25-02 13:14

About how many carbs for the recipe or per ball?

Azure Fri, Oct-25-02 14:27

That depends on how much you make and how you like it to taste. This particular recipe, I just use the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants method of cooking. It's too simple to really muck up.

The peanut butter I use is 1.5g (ecc) per tablepsoon. Cream cheese is 0.386g per tablespoon. The baking cocoa I use is 2g (ecc) per tablespoon. And Splenda is 1g per packet.

So if I was to use 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of butter, 3tbs of cocoa and 3 packets of splenda mixed with some stevia, the total recipe would be about 40g. That would probably make around 20 small balls of fudge, at 2g each.

But again, this is a very simple recipe. Start out with small amounts. Like 2 tbs of peanut butter and cream cheese, 1/2 tbs of butter and then cocoa and splenda/stevia to get it to the right chocolate/sweetness for your tastes.

willow200 Fri, Oct-25-02 15:45

egg cups?

Hiya ... again!
How come you have 4 egg cups above your head.. ? And... I havet to ask you a question... can you respond to willow200~aol.com? Thanks!
Annette

Karen Fri, Oct-25-02 17:49

Quote:
How come you have 4 egg cups above your head.. ?

Click on the egg cup(s) and all will be revealed...

Karen

quibbers Tue, Dec-05-06 14:09

Hi Azure,

I'm going to try this one! We have a chain store, and they have "grind your own" peanut butter machines, so that's all I buy now-fresh ground peanut butter. It is kind of oily by the time I get it home, but I know what you mean about it being hard to stir! I add a little splenda and swish of salt to mine, but not near the salt the jarred kinds have. It ends up being about $1.60 for a lb, much cheaper too! They also have almonds to make almond butter, but my kids won't eat it...