Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   GETTING BACK ON INDUCTION (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=38287)

Soinwi Sat, Mar-23-02 21:39

GETTING BACK ON INDUCTION

OK here I go again. I've fallen off for a couple of weeks now. Mostly due to job stress--which I have finally gotten under conttrol!! SO I am now making time for myself and really know that this works and I like the way I feel when I am not over carbing. I have exactly 10 weeks until I am in a friends wedding (June 1st) Today I bought the dress for it. 1 size smaller than I wear now--smaller to give me motivation to look great in it!! It's sleevless so push ups here I come!!

Anyway I feel like I'm babbling to you all!! Thanks for listening
Talk to you all soon

Sonja :)

wbahn Sat, Mar-23-02 23:55

Good luck this time around. But remember, it can't be a ten week, wedding's done, go back to normal thing. It needs to become a permanent way of life - otherwise you are just buying trouble.

Keep the Faith!

dbackdeb Sun, Mar-24-02 08:06

Hello, I am going to restart again, after many years off the Atkin's. Going to the grocery store after church and get the goodies. I am so excited!! I got to my goal the last time, but I did not make this WOE a way for me; and you know the rest of the story. Good luck on the restart. Deb

Soinwi Sun, Mar-24-02 09:14

Thanks for the words of encouragement!! I know that 10 weeks isn't gonna be it for me I need to WOE forever now. And I think I can do--in fact I know I can.

Sonja :thup:

wbahn Sun, Mar-24-02 12:13

Good for you!

We'll be here for ya.

Consider starting a journal (see the "sticky" at the top of the thread listing). It is a great resource.

Soinwi Mon, Mar-25-02 09:55

DAY 1

OK Today is day 1
I am armed with my 33 oz water bottle
I had 2 eggs and 2 cheeseburgers for breakfast
and after readding a few posts I feel ready for today. I have arranged for a sitter for my daughter so I can workout

I let you all know how the day went!!

Sonja :D

jojoagogo Mon, Mar-25-02 10:28

Good Work Sonja!! But please do not put a 'date' on your weight loss. i am speaking from experience. You may be putting pressure on yourself. So take it easy. I too fell off the wagon for a couple of weeks and oh boy!!!what a struggle it is for me to get back on !!! I am in the same boat that you are. I just ate 2 donuts but after reading your posts i am motivated to start my wol RIGHT NOW. Keep up the good work!!! Jojoagogo :daze: :thup: :wave:

Soinwi Mon, Mar-25-02 20:57

Made it

Jojoagogo Thanks for the post and I know you can do it!! I had a great day both eating and exercisig. I also got a massage which is always helpful with the mood. I downed 100 oz of water and NO CAFFIENE!!!

Looking forward to day 2
Sonja :wave:

BurkeyB Tue, Mar-26-02 06:19

Right back at you!!!!!

OK

so you are startign again - this time you know what not to do.....this time you will do it - I am in the exact same boat - just bought a house which is quite stressful and have totally gone back on carbs for comfort......but am back on the straight and narrow again.
WE will encourage each other if you like....
I am determined to do this this time...I said that the last time however I am goign to arm myself with affirmations and PMA.......

I wish you the best of luck - I threw my bikinin on the floor of my bedroom this morning so that I have to walk over it every time I walk in/out of the room...

WE CAN DO IT.........BECAUSE WE WANT IT>.........and because we're worth - you deserve to be slim and beautiful! This was something I was thinking about yesterday during my 'why do I do a great week and a half of no carbing and then go wrong...' and I think part of was not mentally ready to be slimmer....does this make any sense........so now I am working with the affirmation that I deserve this........maybe I am nuts!? :roll:

Good LUCK - LET'S GET SKINNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soinwi Tue, Mar-26-02 09:17

BurkeyB

I agree with the why can I be "good" for 1-2 weeks then blow it!! I give in to my family often times. My mom tried again to talk me out of starting again---she said you know Easter is next weekend and you're gonna wanna eat sweets!! Gee thanks for the support!! We are going to brunch so I plan on having a hugh made to order omelet and salad and maybe a limited amount of bacon. Then I should be full and not overstuffed like the rest of the family. I plan on getting in my comments as they are stuffed!!
(all in fun, of course!!)

Sonja :o

BurkeyB Tue, Mar-26-02 09:40

Hi sonya.......

I called my mother at lunch time and said 'No carbs and no hassle' - as I will also be spending time at home over easter. She said fine...but it was important that I let her know this in advance because if not it would be - 'that can't be right' no bread? no pasta? no potatoes - sure have one for God's sake - it's hardly going to kill you.

And that is the point - No it will not kill me but it will make me very unhappy to ruin all my good work todate.

Good luck - will check in soon, Miriam

Soinwi Tue, Mar-26-02 21:51

LOL

Don't you jsut love MOMS!! I think mine felt guilt she went and bought me several meat items today!! Big $$$ saver.

Sonja :Party: