Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What major goal do you want to achieve on Atkins? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=88901)

Avengeance Tue, Feb-25-03 11:20

What major goal do you want to achieve on Atkins?

I would like to fit into my Army Dress Greens again.. Im 24 now and the last time I had to put them on was 3 years ago. I had to shoehorn myself into them that night.... I dont want to have to do that again.

I was looking at them yesterday, I just finished my Army Reserve 6 year term and storing my equipt and clothes, and thought.. "yep.. I gotta get back into those."

What goals do you have, other then just a weight?

manucpa Tue, Feb-25-03 11:30

Get off my bp meds and get cholesterol in a good range so that my doc stops threatening me with Lipitor

Elihnig Tue, Feb-25-03 11:30

I want to be lean, strong and healthy.

And that little black dress would be nice too!

Beth

kmwebb1967 Tue, Feb-25-03 11:32

Hey!!!

That was MY answer Beth!!!!

Of course...great minds think alike!!! :D

audraq Tue, Feb-25-03 11:33

To learn and be more aware of what I eat and what my triggers are. To become healthier than I ever have been before and to stay that way the rest of my life. To develop healthy eating habits that I can be proud of. And as Beth said, the little black dress would be a nice perk!!

Tiggerdy Tue, Feb-25-03 11:51

To be healthy is #1, of course, but in vanity, I'd like to not be referred to as the "heavy one" or "chubby girl" when people are trying to describe me. For once I'd like someone to describe me for who I am, not my physcial attributes. However, I guess the ignorance of others will remain no matter what I do! :rolleyes:

BTW, I'll be shopping for that lil' black dress too!! Maybe red since DH loves that color!! ;)

Happy LCing!
Nikki :daizy:

butrf1yb1u Tue, Feb-25-03 13:38

To look HOT in a bikini! :D or black leather pants with a cute soft snug crop top n high heel boots, or in lingerie......etc.

To be healthy, strong and energetic...

To come out from hiding behind this overweight body, and using it as an excuse for not living up to my full potential, in all aspects and areas of my life.

To set up a more healthy delicious low-carb way for my whole family to eat, even if they are not low-carbing they will benefit from the lack of junk food in the house, and be drooling over the meals and snacks I prepare. I feel like I would be giving my kids an advantage, and setting them up for great health.

Great thread Avengeance!

BB.

lkonzelman Tue, Feb-25-03 13:48

To be able to enjoy eating for the rest of my life with no fear of my becoming out of control with my weight again.

To be able to try on any clothes that look good and not have flub be a concern in the fit.

To be able to look at myself in pictures and not think bad
thoughts.

To be healthy, lean and confident.

Ducky52 Tue, Feb-25-03 13:55

Mainly to get my blood pressure down so I don't have to go back on meds. I'm also trying to lose weight for my upcoming wedding (5/4/03), but will also continue on after that. I want to be able to go clothes shopping and not have to say, "I can't wear that - those are skinny girl clothes"!!!

jude Tue, Feb-25-03 13:57

To have this way of eating become a core belief.....you know, the kind of belief you don't think about.....it just is!

judy

Yaseruzo~! Tue, Feb-25-03 14:04

I agree with everybody else here! I'd like to wear one of those low rise pants without rolls hanging off everywhere! I want this WOE to be a WOL and avoid diabetes and heart disease among other things!

TomC Tue, Feb-25-03 14:20

There are several for me...

1) To get my triglycerides down. I have a genetic issue that all my family members have. My tri's were 560 last time I checked, so high they couldn't even get my cholesterol counts. They put me on medication that gave me heart palpitations and facial flushing. Talk about sucky...

2) To get below 200 again so I can fit in to all my clothes. I refuse to buy fat clothes, so I am stuck wearing one pair of pants out of 9 pairs, and about 10 out of 60 or so shirts. At least all my shoes still fit :)

3) To lose enough weight that I have a normal body temperature again. I find that when I am over 200 I am a lot hotter and I sweat more easily.

4) I enjoy hiking in the mountains. Typically I gear up with a 15 lbs pack. Right now, being over my normal 200, I am already carrying a 25-30 lbs pack. Add another 15 in gear and I won't make it to the peaks and waterfalls this year.

That's it for me. I am not really a beach goer or one who goes to places where I want to look or need to look sexy, so just health and practical reasons for me.

:)

Tom C

UAGirl Tue, Feb-25-03 14:26

I want to get married in a size 12. (or less :D )

The rest will all fall into place.

Avengeance Tue, Feb-25-03 15:09

How about your inspirations? For these goals... what/who are they?

Mine.. my 4 yr old daughter.. shortly after she was born her as my inspiration helped me quit smoking. Id like to be around as long as I can.... for her and me... I think thats why Ive been this successfull with Atkins so far... that and lookin good too. :p

Me and Madelynn at a wedding 1 year ago.

Madelynn after a flight in grandpas plane.

audraq Tue, Feb-25-03 15:13

She is beautiful!!!!!