Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Detoxification Meal Ideas (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=185548)

Paris Wed, May-19-04 12:32

Detoxification Meal Ideas

I am preparing myself for a week of detox after 2 weeks of travel and not-so-good food choices. My plan is the basic Atkins induction minus all dairy, processed meats and artificial sweeteners, and of course, no caffeine, sugar, starches or grains.

However, I am struggling with meal ideas. Does anyone have any good ideas? Thanks!

hey_Neener Wed, May-19-04 13:15

Throw some meat on the BBQ and a salad is a quick 15 min meal for me. Eggs, you know the drill.

mssusthang Wed, May-19-04 16:06

Use it as a chance to sample all kinds of good veggies.

Freen/Red Peppers sauteed, portabello mushrooms, really great salads with all the fixings with some basil infused olive oil.

Pizza Quiche (you don't have to get any pizza sauce or cheese ... I just put the ingredients without sauce ... just as good).

Dip and veggies (dip could be the flavored olive oil or mayo).

Elsah Wed, May-19-04 16:53

Baked fish with asparagus sauteed in olive oil with a squeeze of lemon and a side of mashed cauliflower (since no dairy use broth and maybe throw in some chives for flavor)

Chicken stewed with tomatoes and green chilies served over cauliflower rice
with a spinach salad on the side

A huge green salad topped with olives, tomatoes, cucumbers and sliced hot chicken thighs that have been sauteed in olive oil with seasonings of choice and italian dressing

Portabella mushrooms baked with tofu, spinach, fresh basil, fresh chopped garlic and tomato

Chicken stirfry with cabbage, green peppers, mushrooms, yellow squash, bean sprouts, broccoli, sesame seeds and soy sauce

Skewered shrimp dipped in wasabi soy sauce and crusted with sesame seeds and grilled with a side of broccoli and red pepper saute

Mock shepards pie just use cauliflower instead of the potato mash on top

lettuce wrapped fajitas you can always serve it party style with the lettuce, olives, guacamole, tomatoes and whatever toppings you like on the side. Basically it's just a meat, onions, peppers and I use a shake of cumin, lime and soy to season mine.

I'm a veggie so I cant think of more just now. I cook meat for my husband sometimes so those are some of the things I have fixed for him. I don't cook any pig or cow for him though so short on those ideas. There are soooooooo many things to make but I know how sometimes it's easy to just get in a rut and make the same things over and over again. I keep a list on my frig with meals that we liked. Everytime I make something new that everyone likes I add it to the list. When I get bored or can't think of something to make I look over the list for ideas. You wouldn't believe how many times you actually forget about a good meal you made once upon a time ago. :) Goodluck at a fresh start Paris. ;)

Jenn

Paris Wed, May-19-04 17:29

These ideas are great! Thank you! :D