Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Question (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=125832)

TangieK Sat, Jul-26-03 10:11

Question

Hi everyone!

OK here's the deal... I have been on induction (with a few stops and restarts) for about a 5-6 weeks now and I have to say I have stuck to this better than any other program I've tried (and I've tried plenty), and I feel great and have lost. I can see and feel the difference. The thing is, I NEED to start allowing some fruit in my diet or I'm going to go crazy. So my question is this. If I allow, like once a day, a very small amount (even less than a serving is fine with me) of cottage cheese (2% milkfat, 4g carbs per serving) and a tiny amount of berries (I got blueberries - I know you have to watch these, raspberries and blackberries), am I going to blow my diet? Technically I don't necessarily need to be on Induction anymore, though the quicker weight loss appeals to me. I still have weight I want to lose. Anybody have any information to shed some light on this for me? Some people have said on other threads that it doesn't affect them, and still others say they can't even eat a strawberry without getting kicked out of ketosis. Help! :)

Missing my fruits,
Tangie

potatofree Sat, Jul-26-03 10:20

Judging by how close you are to your goal weight, it seems to be time for you to move to the next phases of Atkins, which allow fruit!! OWL, pre-maintenance, and Lifetime maintenance allow you to gradually increase by 5 gram increments, until you reach your CLLM.

Go easy and slowly, according to the book, and good luck!

manucpa Sat, Jul-26-03 11:11

Why not try it and see what happens ? Everyone reacts differently to carb levels. You need to find your own CCL.

hausrabbit Sat, Jul-26-03 13:28

Hi,
As long as the fruit does not cause cravings I'd say go for it. Teens

kellyuk Sat, Jul-26-03 13:34

I think you need to get along the the Atkins site www.atkins.com and read up on what you should add and more importantly IN WHICH ORDER

Jannie Sat, Jul-26-03 15:19

You can definitely put berries in your eating now-OWL allows them. One yummy way to eat them is to mix some regular full-fat yogurt with the berries-I also add some Splenda, and it is a real treat, with no cravings attached! :yay: Sugar-free jello also gives you a taste of a fruit flavor.

After the berries, just experiment--now that I'm on maintenance, I find that I can eat berries, cantaloupe, grapes--all in moderation, of course, and in place of a veg, not in addition! Use your common sense, and take your advice from Atkins site or book, and you'll do fine.. :wiggle:

TangieK Mon, Jul-28-03 13:04

Thanks!

I just wanted to say thank you for your advice!!
That yogurt idea sounds so yummy!

Best of luck to you all and have a good week.
Tangie