Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Not 20 somethings' 30/4 Challenge April> (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=176083)

quibbers Wed, Mar-31-04 15:11

Not 20 somethings' 30/4 Challenge April>

Ok- here is our spot. I used to post in the 20 Somethings' I Need a Buddy thread, but like Xplora said, none of us were 20 something-lol.

Here is our log. Fourkids and Karen/Hopeful and I started this week, but jump in anytime! 20-30 mins a day 3-4 days a week. Pick Yer Poison!

So far this week I have Monday and Tuesday. Sunday was really just a warm up, I don't think I lasted but 15 mins or so. I am using my treadmill, but whatever you like, walk inside, outside, swim, bike...;) if you can do it for your 30 mins, it counts-tee hee. Partners optional!

Wenzday Wed, Mar-31-04 15:57

wellll I am 29....so I have jsut under 1 year left of 20 something...lol :D thanks for inviting me over anyway I am potty trained--promise! ;)

Xplora Wed, Mar-31-04 16:32

Hi Everybody!!!!!

I'm in. I didn't do any sort of exercise today, but yesterday I did do 20 minutes abs and arms and legs. The day before I chopped down a tree and hauled it away. That was 2 hours of labor that had me sweating so I call it a workout.
:thup:

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day.
Chorus: He's a lumberjack and he's okay,
He sleeps all night and he works all day.
I cut down trees, I eat my lunch,
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shopping
And have buttered scones for tea.
Mounties: He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch,
He goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he goes shopping
And has buttered scones for tea.
I cut down trees, I skip and jump,
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing,
And hang around in bars.
Mounties: He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps,
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing,
And hangs around in
bars.
I cut down trees, I wear high heels,
Suspendies and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie,
Just like my dear pappa.
Mounties: He cuts down trees, he wears high heels?
Suspendies...and a bra?
...he's a lumberjack and he's okay,
...he's a lumberjack and he's OKAAAAAAAAAAYYY.

Fat Wed, Mar-31-04 16:50

Gee Quibbers you invited me here with the little kids..I am not 20 anything... well maybe 20x2+16..So how do I know everyone here will wait for me to catch up at this old ripe age of mine..dizzy spells and all????
Anna

katwoman Wed, Mar-31-04 17:01

I'm in too. This is just what I needed to get motivated again. Thanks all.

Fat Wed, Mar-31-04 18:46

Pam I hope you helped that poor kitty when she got done lefting weights.

I am going to run in place when I take my mom's doggy out..and that will be at lest 7 times a day..and before bed..Does sitting in front of this computer count changing my feet now and then.
Anna

katwoman Wed, Mar-31-04 20:46

Okay, I worked out my 30 minutes (Walk Away the Pounds, 2 mile video) AND I started a gym log to try to keep myself accountable. Thanks so much for this--I so needed to get off my backside and start exercising again.

P.S. Anna--if I'd tried to do any more this afternoon, I'd have needed the kitty to help ME! Amazing how fast I got out of condition again when I had worked up to the 3 miles not that long ago.

hummelda Wed, Mar-31-04 21:36

Hope I can join too -- sometimes I feel like I'm 20-something -is that good enuf?

Maybe won't be the full 30 minutes x 4 this week but will work up to it by week 3!

Wenzday Thu, Apr-01-04 06:59

OMG JILL! I havent heard thaty song since HS.... lol I do think you and I would have been good friends... ;)

Xplora Thu, Apr-01-04 07:19

We can be now! LOL

HOPEFULL Thu, Apr-01-04 13:17

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to check in to see how every one is doing. This is such a good idea. I am so exicted about it.

I can proudly say that I have done day #4 for this week. I have been posting my exercises in my gym log (like Pam) so I can hold myself accountable. Please feel free to check up on me whenever you feel like it.

Great work everyone. We are going to ace this!!!!!!

quibbers Fri, Apr-02-04 09:39

Hi guys- I ended up not walking yesterday, but was on my feet all day. I will get in there and tready this morning tho! Dh commented he could pull his boots on this morning without holding his breath-so he's seeing results and pleased! Now to get him on the treadmill too.

Ya'll are doing great! I'll meet this week's goal after this morning. See- this wasn't so hard hu?!?!

quibbers Fri, Apr-02-04 10:39

Treadmill- 25 mins. I was surprised it didn't make my headache worse...didn't really help, but -oh well! Ha.

HOPEFULL Fri, Apr-02-04 12:20

Quibs,

Way to go for reaching the weekly goal. You rock!!!!!!!

LMmama Fri, Apr-02-04 18:49

Do you have space for another to join? I am (why are we all admitting this?!) 30 something. I would love to be part of a group that encourages and helps each other get to our goals.
Right now my favorite exerscise is jumping on the trampoline. (shhh. don't tell my kids, I do it while they are at school!)
Today, I confess. I didn't exercise. Too much going on at the schools today. And does running up and down a flight of stairs and a ladder 20 x's a day count for anything? :)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am heading off to Reno tomorrow morning to visit the in-laws.
:daizy: