Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   How many days did you do the Fat Fast?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=179254)

myturn Sun, Apr-18-04 16:31

How many days did you do the Fat Fast??

Hello All,

I have decided to do the Fat Fast as I am returning to LC after an extended vacation and I am finding that my carb cravings are rather severe. I remember that last time I did the Fat Fast my cravings vanished over night. But How many days did you do the fat fast if you have done it. Last time I did the 3 days but I read a post by someone who did it for 10 days...I think that might totally turn me off food all together. So what do you think, how many days is a good number?

Rosie Real Sun, Apr-18-04 16:38

I've never done it because it's supposed to be very dangerous for people who are not actually metabolically resistant.
Induction always takes care of my cravings, and Dr. Atkins' book recommends supplements if needed. :)

myturn Sun, Apr-18-04 17:13

I guess I should have said I am metabollically resistant!!! I do take the supplements Atkins suggests but I am finding my cravings to be very strong.

Rosie Real Sun, Apr-18-04 18:05

But you've lost weight already, so you're not resistant, you're just a slow loser.
How to do it is in the book along with recommendations on how long to do it for if you really want to take the chance on it. :)

miristar Mon, Apr-19-04 11:28

where can I get more info on the fat fast - what it is, and how to figure out if you would benefit from it?

Scented1 Mon, Apr-26-04 19:46

What is Fat Fast?

Is it similiar to the KISS thing?

hummelda Mon, Apr-26-04 20:45

The Fat Fast is eating almost exclusively fat, I believe about 1200 calories in total per day. It's considered dangerous unless you are metabolically resistant. It's described in Dr. Atkins' book.

Scented1 Tue, Apr-27-04 09:49

Hey thanks Louise! ;) I will check it out.

cindy_cfid Wed, Apr-28-04 01:35

When my appetite gets out of control, I have a day of deviled eggs (with a can of crab added in) usually over 2000 calories worth & the next day I'm struggling to get in 1000 calories.

miristar Wed, Apr-28-04 06:56

Wow Cindy, that sounds like something I could live with... What is the carb level like ?

danduprey Mon, May-03-04 22:11

Fat fast

I've never managed more than one day "in a row." I try to do it 2 to 4 times a month. If I don't, my weight stays exactly the same. Apparently I've reached the point where my normal calorie intake on Atkins is equal to the calories I expend. I believe I lose just about half a pound of actual weight each time I do the fat fast for a day.

I hate doing it, because I get the same feelings of hunger and deprivation that made other types of diets so hard for me.