Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   I uncovered the new THINNER me today! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=149901)

sunspine17 Wed, Nov-19-03 22:25

I uncovered the new THINNER me today!

Oh I'm sooooo happy! I'm not at goal yet but today, boy do I feel good!

I started out on Atkins at the end of June in a very tight 16. Most 16's didn't fit me. I'd keep trying on size 16 pants until I found ones that ran large and I could fit in (still very tight, mind you). I was actually more like an 18 but couldn't bring myself to go out and buy a larger size.

The last 2 months have been really slow for me in the weight loss department. I have managed to go down 2-3 lbs but no inches. I've been feeling kind of bummed about that lately. I also am STILL wearing my size 16 jeans. I didn't want to go out to buy new clothes just to have them get too big again in a few months (I'm cheap, what can I say!? Long sweaters cover the saggy butt!).

I was feeling down anyway and dumpy too because my clothes are soooooo baggy on me. I thought it may do me some good to go buy some new jeans. I was kind of playing with fire. If I got to the store and nothing fit, I'd be even more sad. I took the plunge today and went shopping anyway.

Good thing I did! I discovered I'm a size TWELVE!!!!! I even have some wiggle room in them! Little did I know, I must have been this size for the last 2 months! I had NO IDEA!

What's best is I look GOOD (and I usually NEVER think I look good -- even when I was thin in the past). I actually look . . . oh gosh, I can barely say it . . . THIN! Wow! Under all those baggy clothes I've been this thin for a while but it didn't notice because it was all covered up. It's amazing what clothes can do!

I'm almost at pre-baby weight and darn it, even though I was a tight size 10 then (at 150), I look and feel better now at a size 12 and 157! After all, the number does not really matter, it's how you look and feel that counts.

So I'm happy today. I feel like I unwrapped a present and it turned out to be the thin me that's been hiding away. And to think I lost the bulk of that weight in only about 3 months. Truly AMAZING!

Just thought I'd share my happiness . . . . .

hey_Neener Thu, Nov-20-03 01:25

(cue music) Congrats to you! Congrats to you! Congraaaaaats dear Sunspine17! Connnnngraaaats tooooo youuuuuu! :clap:

LittleAnne Thu, Nov-20-03 02:28

Well done you. :cheer: Its great to see how far you have come. Any before and after pics?

Kathy54 Thu, Nov-20-03 10:40

Oh what a great feeling to have :yay: :agree: :yay:
I know exactly how you felt going to shop for those first new clothes! I think I was paranoid it might jinks me, Good for you, you'll be at goal before you know it :thup:
Kathy

sunspine17 Fri, Nov-21-03 12:40

Thanks for the congratz. I actually wore my new jeans to work yesterday. A lot of people who had not commented on my loss before said something for the first time yesterday. And by the end of the day my jeans were all stretched out and baggy! Geez, I can't believe a 12 is BAGGY!

This is the only before and after I have. Not too great. If it were real life (or better pics) you could surely tell, but these-- ehhh. The before was taken after losing the first 17 lbs, not at my heaviest. Also DH took the after pictures too close up so I'm not the same distance from the camera, making it hard to tell anything. Well, at least it's something, huh!?

http://sunspine17.tripod.com/beforeafter.html

Thanks again for your kind words . . . . Here's to the last 20!

Colleen1 Fri, Nov-21-03 12:50

Congratulations!

I will let my shirts get a little big, but I am a firm believer in buying new, smaller pants to fit your current size. They look better and they are such a self-esteem boost!

Kristine Thu, Nov-27-03 11:49

Way to go!! :Party: I bet you were smiling so much in the store, that the staff thought you were nuts! :daze: Good for you!

60sChild Thu, Nov-27-03 16:25

Wow, Sun...I just found this post and looked at the pics! Huge difference in the far left before and the after immediately to the right of it!

Looking great! And...is that a tatoo on your back (last 2 pics)???

hmmmm???

:D

Sherry

sunspine17 Mon, Apr-19-04 12:18

Just wanted to give an update to my "success thread."

I went jeans shopping this weekend and (drum roll please . . . )

SIZE 10!

Yay!

widdlemama Tue, Apr-20-04 23:06

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: You're doing great. Keep it up :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

adkpam Sun, May-02-04 14:05

As a fellow size 10 (who never thought I'd be wearing that number!) I give you hearty congratulations!

You might be surprised as the months roll on. I weigh the same in the red dress/Christmas picture in my gallery as I do in the recent photo titled (size 10 pants) yet I swear I look thinner.

sunspine17 Wed, Jul-28-04 15:09

Just a quick update-- although I haven't lost much pounds-wise, I'm in 8's now. Mind you, not ALL 8's fit well but most of them do! Now I'm shooting for 6 . . . . .

Rachelle Thu, Jul-29-04 14:05

OMG!! that's awesome hun... really... doesn't it feel great to go down in sizes even if the scale is being stubborn??? I'm sooo impressed with your progress... Good For you :yay:

rumdum Thu, Jul-29-04 19:32

Yay! Congratulations! I remember being a size 12. That was the lowest I ever remember. I can't wait until I can fit into all my clothes again. I've even bought clothes that are like 5 sizes too small for me in hopes that I'll "thin in" to them again.
Congratulations! I hope I can lose the weight like you did!
Good luck

sunspine17 Fri, Oct-08-04 15:08

Another quick update. My size 8 Gap button fly jeans (I have a few pairs but I've been LIVING in them) that I was so happy to squeeze into this summer are now comfortably loose. I have a pair or 7/8's that have been too tight for the longest. I got them at the same time I got the Gap size 8's. I could barely button them at the time and they made me turn 3 shades of purple when I tried. Guess what? I'm wearing them today! And COMFORTABLY!

Still not quite in the 6 range but I'm working on it. Just NINE pounds till goal :)