Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   How Much Weight Loss During Induction? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=100180)

comachonia Mon, Apr-21-03 13:58

How Much Weight Loss During Induction?

:wave: Hello,

How much has everyone lost on the first two weeks they were in Induction? I'm just curious as to what kind of results people are getting.

Thanks, Lisa :clap:

maddieb1 Mon, Apr-21-03 14:03

Hi. I am on my 6th day of induction and I have lost 5 lbs. I also have worked out 5 of those days. I have read of people losing 10 or 15 lbs on induction. That would be great if I could do that! :roll:

Lolli-J Mon, Apr-21-03 14:41

Hi Lisa

You can expect to lose about 10% of the amount that you want to lose during induction.

Then you can expect to sit at the same weight for a while. After that you should begin losing at a slower rate.

That is the norm.

Lolli

orzabelle Mon, Apr-21-03 14:54

I lost ONE pound during induction, and, in fact, didn't really lose it until the last dayor so. Now that I'm in the beginning of week 4, I feel as though I'm starting to lose for real.

cabramstho Tue, Apr-22-03 11:46

I lost 12lbs during the induction phase, without exercising. It slowed down after that. I started dropping again after exercising consistantly. I started at 193 lbs and my goal is 155lbs. I am now 170 lbs.

DWRolfe Tue, Apr-22-03 11:58

I think I lost about 8 pounds during Induction. Of course, I weighed 426.5, so it was but a drop in the fat bucket. But I really felt better afterwards. And a week or two after that I felt great, my aches and pains were gone and so were my cravings.

Donald

comachonia Tue, Apr-22-03 12:26

:D
Thanks for answering my question everyone! I am just curious as to how everyone else does on the diet.

I'm on day 8 and have lost 3 lbs. I did lose 5, but ate too many carbs on Easter Sunday which made me gain 2, but I'm back on track now!

Happy Losing everyone!!

Lisa :dazzle:

sonshine38 Tue, Apr-22-03 18:30

Its been 6.5 weeks today for me and I

have lost a total of 17.5 lbs. Wahoo. Never looking back.

Cumpikia Wed, Apr-23-03 09:18

2 weeks 16 pounds :thup:

stevensond Wed, Apr-23-03 11:34

in the 2 week induction stage I lost 15 pounds
after that I lost about 10 pounds a month
when I don't exercise it slows down
I try to work out or bike 3 times a week
it does make a difference

Low Carb diets WORK!! :thup:

carebear_2 Wed, Apr-23-03 12:01

introuction

1 Attachment(s)
This is my second time doing Atkins and I know the first time I did Atkins I lost 12lbs during introduction.
This time I don't think I really did introduction correctly however it's been 71/2 weeks and I'm down 17lbs.

I just started excersing last night for the first time and i had a really bad Easter. (Gained 2lbs back) since then I'm back down and moving forward. Any way to answer you question after my first 2 weeks this time i was down about 7lbs