Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I'd like to join in please (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=173452)

Raleigh Wed, Mar-17-04 23:38

I'd like to join in please

I've been on and off low carb for a few years now, and I'm back at the same starting weight :rolleyes: I now really want to do this for myself. I am ready to get back on and I hope I can get (and give) lots of support here. :) I've been reading here for a while and this seems like a great group :)

tlmarshall Thu, Mar-18-04 01:58

Hey Raleigh! Glad to have you aboard. We are a chatty bunch so be sure to drop around regularly.

LittleAnne Thu, Mar-18-04 02:40

Hi Raleigh

Welcome to TDC. I wish you every success. The key to long term success is thinking of low carbing as a permanent life change. I do not consider it a diet at all and hence as part of my lifestyle is no different than the other basic activities I do.

Paris Thu, Mar-18-04 06:15

Hi Raleigh! Welcome to the forums. :D

hummelda Thu, Mar-18-04 06:18

Hi Raleigh,

Welcome!! I second LittleAnne's comment -- this is really a change in lifestyle. Once that committment is made, following it is easier. And consider setting up a journal so you can be more involved with the forum. Go for it!! We're here to support you in whatever way you need it -- and we also take support, thank you very much!! :)

brdgrl Thu, Mar-18-04 06:51

Welcome Raleigh. Are you from NC or just interested in Brit history? I'm all about what Anne and Hummelda said about this WOE. This is coming from a cheater though ;) I like to pretend the carb-packed products don't exist for me (yeah I live in my own world). At any rate, welcome to a great supportive forum. Looking forward to hearing your success stories

Raleigh Thu, Mar-18-04 07:18

thanks everyone. I'm working on those changes. I've rid myself all all the junk in my house to make this start easier.

brdgrl- I'm from NC,and love it's history, but I've been displaced. DH is in the air force so we've been away from home for almost 9 yrs. When we got a puppy a couple of yrs ago, I named him Sir Walter Raleigh in a homesick moment. I decided to borrow his name for here :)

Fireball Thu, Mar-18-04 08:19

Hey Raleigh!

Welcome & good luck! Everyone here is great!! You will find lots of help, support & encouragement here!

I live in Raleigh - for a year now - moved from CT when my DH retired after 20 years in the Navy. Where are you and DH living now?

memaw O5 Thu, Mar-18-04 08:29

Where ever you are, welcome to here. This is a life style change for all of us and it isn't always easy, but then being unhealthy, heavy and unhappy are not easy either. Best to you in your journey.

meltinaway Thu, Mar-18-04 10:00

Welcome Raleigh, glad you are here and ditto to what all have said. This WOL works but you have to be faithful to it.

MISSRED197 Thu, Mar-18-04 10:23

:yay: Welcome Raleigh!! :yay:

You are is the right spot for support and motivation!!!

~Becky

Ellen-mom Thu, Mar-18-04 10:55

Welcome. We are here for you when you need it. and everyone does at some point or another......

Raleigh Thu, Mar-18-04 11:14

thanks everyone :) I know I keep seeing in my minds eye the sentence in the DANDR that says just one taste will throw you off the diet. I've never seen such support as I have here, I think it'll make a huge difference.

Fireball- we're in transition. We're in TX now but will be moving to DC this summer. which is great, we'll finally be closer to home :)

Rosie Real Thu, Mar-18-04 21:07

Hi again Raleigh :)

I had a Springer Spaniel named Raleigh! Never heard of anyone else naming their dog that before.

Raleigh Thu, Mar-18-04 21:37

thanks Rosie. that's pretty cool :)