Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   top 10 signs you may be obsessed W/LC (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=98162)

bigguyjonc Fri, Apr-11-03 13:04

top 10 signs you may be obsessed W/LC

Top 10 sings you are obsessed with Low carbing and your weight

10- you actually ask your spouse if she thinks that if you shower can you gain weight from obsorbing water before you weigh. (true story)

9- you refer to the bread isle at the store as "the black hole of death"

8- you actually check the nutrition facts on the back of a bottle of water for the carb count.

7- 9 out 10 sentences out of your mouth contain the words low carb, atkins, ketosis, or exercise.

6- Co workers refer to you as "that crazy guy who always scrapes the toppings off his pizza and throws away the crust."

5- you make a spectacular leap across the breakroom and knock a donut out of a co-workers hand yelling "Do you know how many carbs are in that thing?!! I may have saved your life!"

4- you call your children's friend's parents to tell them your child can't play with there's anymore because they gave him bread and therefor is a bad influence.

3- every time anyone has any problem what so ever either physical or mental you instant tell them it's because they eat too much carbs.

2- you have an extensive collection of beef jerky, LC bars, and boiled eggs in your breifcase or purse.

and the number one reason is
you actually contemplate taking off ALL of your clothes before weighing yourself on the digital scale at K-Mart.

:lol:

Jon :doah:

Kathy54 Fri, Apr-11-03 13:20

TOO FUNNY :D

Iowagirl Fri, Apr-11-03 13:45

Is this a BAD thing? :p

Bleach Fri, Apr-11-03 13:46

That's hilarious! Sounds like someone I know :rolleyes:

jstpeachy3 Fri, Apr-11-03 17:16

Jon,
As always you are awesome!!! :yay:
All that made perfect sense to me.
Keep saving those poor slobs who know no better!! :roll:

jers52 Fri, Apr-11-03 18:53

thanks

for making me ROFL!
Jan

sharann Fri, Apr-11-03 19:33

:agree: OH my gosh, I have actually done #'s 2, 3, 7-10!!!

CAKES66 Fri, Apr-11-03 20:34

HA HA

#6 is definately me. My DH can't stand it when I do that. :daze:

Have a great LC day :wave:

ladyfunk25 Fri, Apr-11-03 20:50

Another sign of obsession: spending most of your day hanging out here on the forum. ;) heh heh, i am guilty of this one big time!

Shelley J Fri, Apr-11-03 21:07

In John Travolta's voice: (Vinnie Barberino)

:daze: WHAT! :confused:

cc48510 Fri, Apr-11-03 22:48

Damndest thing is that right after I go to the bathroom, I actually put on a little weight according to the scale. For the life of me, I can't figure out why.

Alina Sat, Apr-12-03 00:02

Obsessed???? Who is obsessed?????

Pardon, I have to go and get some fat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great idea, Jon!

pennygale Sat, Apr-12-03 06:53

another one....

I catch myself doing this....when you go thru a drive through of mcdonalds, I make my DH taste of my drink to make sure it has no sugar.....if he makes a face...it is diet....I am steadily looking for those sabotagers.....

cre8tivgrl Sat, Apr-12-03 12:36

OMG!! I do the drive thru taste test too!! That is too funny! DH doesn't appreciate it. LOL!!

What about telling all your friends (non-low-carb) that you found this great recipe for French Toast made out of pork rinds. Non-low-carbers just don't appreciate pork rinds.

:roll:

Kristine Sat, Apr-12-03 16:13

:lol: Guilty!

I'm really paranoid about diet soda, especially at bars, because I find it harder to tell whether or not it's diet. Yet I'm too self-conscious to raise a big fuss over it; I don't want to seem obsessive. :lol:

True story: a few months ago, I was whining to my b/f about how I couldn't have my morning coffee because I ran out of cream. B/f's response: "why don't you throw some pork rinds into it?" :rolleyes: *smack* :lol: