Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Intro....Newbie (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177203)

yodasmum Tue, Apr-06-04 15:17

Intro....Newbie

Hello, My name is Laree, i'm a 47 yo secretary at the University of New Mexico. I have been trying to lose 100 pounds over and over again for years and have never been able to get below the 190 mark and keep it down. I always seem to gain and gain. I have diabetes and for the first time since being diagnosed a year ago I have finally found a way out of high BS,....ATKINS! I have been consistantly been able to keep my BS under 160 on a daily basis, recently I have been under 125 after doing more exploration of GI values of foods. I have finally reached 187 pounds after a 4 week stall caused by cheating. I have finally discovered the secret to weight loss on Atkins. Keep your BS low! :yay:
Keeping your BS low insures that the insulin levels are low and weightloss is assured. :Party:

I am so pleased to have found all of you wonderful people doing LC with me, Thanks for putting yourself out there for me to find. Thanks for being honest about all the issues around those of us who have 100+ to lose. I feel like I am finally home.

I started out about 260 and walked and starved myself down to 190 and then put almost all of it back on. I don't want to have this happen again, and then with diabetes I was at a loss as to where to turn. The hospital said to eat 45 carbs per meal, I could not get my BS down, it was always around 300, not good. Two months ago a coworker suggested I try atkins, and I have never looked back. My BS is under total control and I have energy I thought I had lost forever.

Sorry for talking so much.....

Your friend, Laree

Rocky_Cdn Tue, Apr-06-04 15:50

Welcome to TDC Laree!

When you get at or near goal, don't forget to send your co-worker some flowers! It sounds like you're doing great!!

Congrats on getting past that 190 milestone. What an important step in your journey!

Hope to keep hearing more good news from you!

Rocky

Zymi Tue, Apr-06-04 18:47

Hi Laree!
Welcome to the board :wave: It's a very supportive and helpful community; you'll love it here!

hummelda Wed, Apr-07-04 15:00

Welcome Laree!! Here's to your continued success!

chubbywubb Wed, Apr-07-04 17:28

Welcome!!!

stephiewil Wed, Apr-07-04 18:16

Welcome, glad you joined us here !!! It is a great place to get the support you need !! Stephie :)

Marieshops Wed, Apr-07-04 18:28

Congrats on your great start Laree! Glad you are here with us and wish you lots of fun losing. Take care.

Marie

BobsWtloss Wed, Apr-07-04 18:29

Hi Laree,welcome.... :wave:

This is a great place, lots of support.. I too have the dreaded sugar problem, my BS is under control and haven't seen anything over 125 since I got serious with the low carb and exercise..:hyper:

Congrats on your weight loss thus far..

Bob

tlmarshall Wed, Apr-07-04 19:07

Hey Laree - welcome to TDC. We are here to help you through! You won't find a nicer bunch of folks to support you - be sure to drop by regularly.

liz175 Wed, Apr-07-04 19:46

Welcome! And congratulations on you success so far both in losing weight and in controlling your blood sugar

orchidday Wed, Apr-07-04 22:08

Welcome to the TDC Laree! This has been a great source of support and encouragement for me. Looking forward to seeing more (less!) of you!

Orchid

Renkin1990 Thu, Apr-08-04 08:17

Hello and Welcome to the TDC :bhug:

You have come to the right place. Sounds like you have a great attitude and are already acieving success.

Good Luck to you on your weight loss journey! :)

Chairface Thu, Apr-08-04 09:31

Hi Laree! :wave:

Congrats on getting your blood sugar down. Isn't low carb great!

You will find these forums and especially the TDC to be a source of inspiration and motivation!

Any questions just ask!

Keep Losing,

snburch Thu, Apr-08-04 13:28

Congratulations Laree! It is wonderful when things all fall into place and you finally figure out what works.
My father is diabetic too, as is his 2 sisters and 2 brothers. I have diabetes on both sides of my family and I know I'm doomed to follow in their footsteps if I don't get my weight under control. I'm on my way.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

BTW, my daughter's middle name is LaRee, after my grandmother who's first name is LaRee. I love your name!