Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Attention: Ladies With Pms Cravings - Help!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=125670)

Jeanne Sch Fri, Jul-25-03 17:19

Attention: Ladies With Pms Cravings - Help!!!!

I'm a week before and had the same problem last month (hoping it would be gone this time around but the Estrogen-Gods did not deam it so).
I HAVE CRAVINGS!!!! Help! I've had eggs and chicken until I am blue in the face to try to quell the cravings (this didn't help last month either).

Finally, I broke down and had my dark chocolate Pure De Lite bar dipped in some SF DaVinci Creme De Menthe (Long Story but since I have dairy allergies, I can't even buy the mint milk chocolate Pure De Lite bar for a snack). I consider what I did a cheat because I think I react to the sugar alcohols by dropping out of ketosis but I was desperate guys! I made the mistake of looking through a magazine that had a feature on old fashioned candies and muffins and such and was about to go out of my mind and put the magazine down. HELP!!!!

Does anyone have any sweety snack suggestions that do NOT include dairy?

This is the HARDEST week of the month for me to get through - otherwise I rarely want sweets anymore.

JeannieM Fri, Jul-25-03 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Sch

Does anyone have any sweety snack suggestions that do NOT include dairy?

This is the HARDEST week of the month for me to get through - otherwise I rarely want sweets anymore.

Hi Jeanne,

My sympathies are with you. I am there myself -- I actually downloaded a recipe for LC peanut butter cheesecake yesterday but didn't make it. I went home and had a sugar-free popsicle instead (just a fruit popsicle, not one with ice cream in it). Granted, this would have been a BORING snack in my pre-LC days, but it did the trick for me. You may want to give it a try...

Jeannie

Skamito Fri, Jul-25-03 19:16

You could try these- Peanut-Butter Cups substituting a trans-fat free margarine (I like Smart Balance) and leaving out the cream. They'd be more bitter, but you're probably used to that having to eat dark chocolate.

Or just try melting unsweetened chocolate with splenda and freezing it. Or have some berries.

Sorry, I read you also can't have soy, so you're probably going nuts. What about jell-o? Or there's a recipe on here for gummy worms made out of jell-o?

Hope you start feeling better soon! :)

pre3teach Fri, Jul-25-03 21:57

I am right there to. Only I faced cokkies all week at VBS at church and blew it tonight by eating 3. Then I came home and ate more and more. I really blew it but am back on plan asap. No more for me tonight, and back on induction in the am.
(I just went to the store and bought lc bars, ketosticks, shape magazine etc only to go and eat those coookies!) :rolleyes: I sure hope this doesn't cause another gain. I just can't seem to get under 135!!!!

asalvato Sat, Jul-26-03 12:10

I make cookies using a regular sugar cookie recipe and use bake mix and nut flour instead of regular flour and Splenda instead of sugar. If you cannot use the bake mix, use all nut flour. I use butter but if you cannot use that, use margarine. The cookies taste nutty but I like that.

Jeanne Sch Sat, Jul-26-03 12:55

Thank you ALL for the ideas :)

I think I will try a sugar cookie version so it will feel like an indulgence once in awhile. :)

I've gone the POOR MAN's ROUTE with the peanut butter cups and I slather my all natural, no sugar or hydrogenated oils added peanut butter on my dark chocolate - YUM!!! I have always loved dark chocolate so it is not disappointing to have the bitter taste - I just wish they would do more things with dark chocolate in the form of LC candy.

I had a great LC dinner at the in-laws (both on Atkins) and was satisfied. The cravings went away after I took my Diflucan medicine (anti-fungal for my gut). I think I was having a flair up due to my increased estrogen cycle (always happens this time of month).