Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   So, how do you celebrate Friday evening? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=98150)

RCFletcher Fri, Apr-11-03 11:04

So, how do you celebrate Friday evening?

Hi all :wave:

Greeting from a Brit in Belarus. British men usually go out for a few pints with their mates on Friday night or do something else to celebrate the start of the weekend.

So, it's Friday night. I can't drink alcohol, beer seriuosly stalls me and I don't like vodka. What can I do to mark Friday night? What do you do?

Regards all,
Robert

Lesle Fri, Apr-11-03 11:12

Have you tried any of the new Low Carb beers?
Lots of American breweries offer that choice now. Depending on what your pub serves, you might get lucky.
Otherwise, you might limit yourself to one or two, and then have a very low-carb Saturday to offset it. That sometimes helps me if I go out for a big dinner.
Good luck to you
Lesle

RCFletcher Fri, Apr-11-03 11:16

Thanks for the idea Lesle... but I live in Belarus - part of the former Soviet Union. Low carb beer hasn't arrived here yet!

Robert

Alina Fri, Apr-11-03 11:19

Zdravstvuj, Robert!

I suggest a sparkling wine, I remember from the old days in Poland - Istristnoye I think it's called.
Since I've started this WOE I can only handle 5 glasses of wine or champagne, poor me LOL
But stay away from the chocolates, yes, I still remember your Womens Day Experience. ;)
Have a nice weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Alina

csj Fri, Apr-11-03 12:21

Hmm... livin' low carb in Belarus. Do they think you have taken leave of your senses? Regarding Friday evening: wine would be a better choice than beer. Don't be surprised if it effects you rate of loss. But we have to live, don't we?

Cindy

Ashtaroth Fri, Apr-11-03 13:22

mmmmm beer

Guinness stout (my personal fav!) has 5.2g of carb per 12 ounces which isn't too bad for a beer and is pretty widely available.

-Ashtaroth

Bleach Fri, Apr-11-03 13:52

I've become partial to vodka martinis if I go out. Straight alcohol is the way to go. If I'm feeling indulgent I'll have something else, like a diet soda and rum, or a margarita if the mixer is straight lime juice, and no triple sec. Not exactly how I like it, so I prefer to just stick to the vodka, or a glass of red wine.

HEY Ashtaroth Is that true about the Guinness???? :eek: I love it but was afraid that there were way too many carbs in it.

yvonne326 Fri, Apr-11-03 14:45

Alina! Dzien Dobre! My family is from Lodz in Poland (I was born here)!

jers52 Fri, Apr-11-03 18:58

obviously...

some of us just relish the time on the computer without the workday looming large tomorrow...
you could always just go along to watch the people show and be the designated driver! Eating those HB eggs in the pubs and cheese cubes!

Jan :daze: