Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   need advice, not really losing:-\ (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171411)

Smiley10 Sun, Mar-07-04 22:37

need advice, not really losing:-\

I've been on Atkins for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I haven't really lost any weight and i can't tell in my clothes or anything. I'm starting to get fustrated b/c all of my friends and people i live with are eating all this junk food, and if i'm not losing anything then i just want to give up and starting eating like i used to..ya know?? ugh! sorry..lol.i'm just a little fustrated. Also i've been feeling really bloated and gassy lately. I don't really know why though b/c i don't eat anything with a lot of sugar alcohols or anything:( Need some advice!!

JustAGirl Sun, Mar-07-04 23:26

hi :)

maybe you could post a sample daily menu?

Moonwalker Sun, Mar-07-04 23:32

yes.. tell us what you have been eating..

LadyBelle Mon, Mar-08-04 01:46

Get your body fat checked. At 6'5" you are already at a healthy weight for your body and 115 might be trying to push it to low. Instead of just diet it may take toning and strength trianing to get the long lean, toned look you may be going for.

nikkil Mon, Mar-08-04 04:14

Not 6'5", Ladybelle, but 65" = 5'5" (I had to laugh because my DH is 6'5" and he's a beanpole at 190--can you imagine at 133?? :lol: ). Still, I agree with you that at that height, maybe that's the weight to be, Smiley10 :)

Nicole

toning_up Mon, Mar-08-04 04:30

6'5" and 133 lbs sounds great and healthy. You might find your body naturally resists losing below this weight because it is an ideal weight to strive for.

LadyBelle Mon, Mar-08-04 13:35

I ment 5'5" my typing fingers at 1 am aren't the best, sorry :)

I'm 62.5" so I knew it related darn it! :)

Smiley10 Mon, Mar-08-04 22:21

lol..no i'm not 6'5:) Ok here's what all i ate 2day:

breakfast: 3 eggs w/cheese and ham

Lunch: 2 hamburgers w/ mustard

Dinner: turkey burger w/cheese and mustard

snacks: some lunch meat and a sf popcicle

I am hoping that maybe i am losing inches and not weight, because to me that would be better anyways! Well, i know i am at a healthy weight right now, but when I went on this diet over the summer I got down to 120, so that's why I don't understand why my body would be resisting now..ya know? Thanks for any advice! Best of luck to you all! :-D

KC Ramone Mon, Mar-08-04 22:28

I'm getting frustrated as well, so I have no advice. Actually, I have a question: where are your veggies?

;)

Smiley10 Mon, Mar-08-04 22:33

yea, the veggies is one thing that i need to get in everday. I'm not too big on veggies though. Usually I'll have a salad w/ my dinner, but I ran out so I'll have to go to the store and get some more:) Yea, it's def. really fustrating since no one else in my house is on a diet and they are eating tons of junk food all the time! ugh!!!! lol!

KC Ramone Mon, Mar-08-04 22:37

Yeah, ice cream and beer are my biggest weaknesses. After dinner tonight, my beanpole of a brother was eating a big dish of ice cream and I just wanted to slap him (especially since I've had some bad sweets cravings today). But we gotta hang in there, junk food be damned!

:)

Smiley10 Mon, Mar-08-04 22:44

Yea, sweets are def. the hardest thing for me to give up. I love ice cream, cookies, things like that. I really like the lc ice cream though, I just find it hard to stop eating..lol! Man, sometimes I wish I were like those LUCKY people who eat whatever they want and stay skinny!! ya know? It's not fair, but if we keep going then we'll get to where we want to be:)

JustAGirl Mon, Mar-08-04 23:32

i'm definitely not an expert but your menu looks fine to me. is the lunch meat from the deli? could it contain sugar?

LadyBelle Tue, Mar-09-04 01:54

What exactly is in the SF popcicle? And how many carbs?
I agree with the ad dmore veggies too. Check otu the recipe forums for ways of hiding veggies. It doesn't all have to be salads.

nursey15 Tue, Mar-09-04 02:12

the one thing no one has said is that in 2 1/2 weeks you have lost 28% of your weight! That's actually great. In the first 2 weeks you are supposed to lose approx 10% of your wanted weight, which for you would be only about 2 pounds. I've been doing Atkins for over 3 months and have only lost 13 pounds, so I think you are doing great!

I've had alot of bumps on my journey and yes at times I'm discouraged, but I keep plugging along, because it's better than gaining.