Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Carbohydrates addicts diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=94851)

bethyboo Thu, Mar-27-03 08:10

Carbohydrates addicts diet

I have just started the carb addicts diet. It is where you eat only protein and vegies for breakfast and lunch. No snacking inbetween. For one hour only you can have what you want. Carbs, deserts etc.

I have been on it for 3 days and i am down 3 pounds. So far so good. The best thing is i am not craving or wanting food. First time in my life!!!........

Just wondering if anyone else is on it. If so i could use some meal ideas for breakfast and lunch.

Thanks all :D
Bethyboo

Peabug Thu, Mar-27-03 12:14

Hi Bethyboo, welcome to CAD (Carbohydrate Addict's Diet) and congrats on your loss! Looks like you've found the right forum, most everyone who posts here is on this particular WOE (way of eating). I'm assuming you've read the book -- there are a few really good recipes in it. There's also a <a href="http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=2">forum</a> here just for recipes and food ideas.

skyspinner Thu, Mar-27-03 13:17

Welcome!

Yep, I'm on CAD....and there are dozens of us here, too. More every day as folks learn what a wonderful WOL this is.

Sounds as if you've got it going pretty good and you're losing. This forum is the place to come for advice or guidelines when you run into problems. Everybody eventually has some issues they need a bit of help w/, so don't be shy. There's so much good experience here that no matter what the question is, someone can give you an answer.

Take some time to read over the older posts.....not just the ones at the top of the list.

And do read your CA book(s)...whatever you have, 'cause the entire explanation of how and why it works is in there and will save you a lot of grief. Just stick to the plan and it will work for you.

Take care, and again, welcome! :0

alicia50 Thu, Mar-27-03 16:30

Welcome aboard Bethyboo :wave:

You'll love this way of life, I think it gives us the best of both
worlds with the RM meal. As you go along you will find which
foods work for you and which don't, as peabug inquired you
should read the book if you haven't done so already.

Again its nice to have you on board.

quikdeb Thu, Mar-27-03 16:56

Me too, me too!

Sounds like you're well on your way with a three pound loss already!

In addition to the sage advice from above, I'd like to encourage you to start a journal to share you journey, stay connected, and meet many wonderful new friends to support you on your way. You can connect with a journal by clicking on the journal icon at the bottom of each post. Once you start a journal it will take a day or so, but your icon will appear and then we can visit there as well as here. It's great fun and a wonderful support.

One of our CADers has recently reached her goal...Sheilaraye. You can read her story in the thread entitled....Success Stories. It's very inspiring.

You've come to a wonderful place. Welcome.

Deb

joancourt Sun, Mar-30-03 10:05

Now that I am trying to get back on track, I am back to the morning routine of walking 5 km. I take my bottle of water and green peppers stuffed with scrambled egg. I usually fry it up with mushrooms, onions, veggies etc. Every morning I just add a different veggie.

For a bit of a change, I use the red, yellow or orange peppers. I know they are sweeter and it may lean towards the carb side of veggies, however it is a nice treat.

If Im not on the 'run', I use romain lettuce leaves to roll up chopped chicken, feta cheese and bacon. Its wonderful.

Link_nz Mon, Mar-31-03 05:39

"If Im not on the 'run', I use romain lettuce leaves to roll up chopped chicken, feta cheese and bacon. Its wonderful."

uuuuggghhh..... thats somthing anyone counting ww points should read ;)

bethyboo Wed, Apr-02-03 12:11

Hi Link_nz

Have you counted points with WW?.. .IF so how did you make out?
I am highly thinking on going back to that. I wanted to try the CAD"s but am having a tough time with the restricted breakfasts.

Thanks
Bethyboo

Link_nz Thu, Apr-03-03 21:31

I tried WW about 5 years ago, lost a few kegs in a few weeks, but couldn’t keep it up.

Plus because bead is 1 point per bit, i ate about 8 slices a day, with a 0 point spread like marmite.

Not a good way to go huh ;)

CARBS! *spew* calorie restriction is so 90's. :)

nawchem Sat, Apr-12-03 13:21

I guess you missed the news on WW. They had an independent study done and found that the average per person weight loss was 6 pounds in 2 years. The high acheivers that attended 80% or more of the meetings lost 11 pounds over 2 years. The American Medical Association released a statement that they no longer are recommending WW for weight loss.