Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Kandra's Gym Log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=326679)

Kandra Thu, Mar-08-07 10:52

Kandra's Gym Log

My goal is to swim and sauna 4 days a week and to walk everyday. Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia are BIG problems with me, so I hope that I haven't set my goal too high. I've never set an exercise goal before and haven't been exercising.
I was going to relax today but started reading these journals and entries and now I'm ready to go to the gym! Thanks to all for keeping gym logs, they are very motivating!
:wave: (That wave was the extent of my arobic exercise until today)

Kandra Thu, Mar-08-07 13:30

Walked for 10 minutes with my sweet dog friend. Afterwards I was totally wiped out so I rested and did the meditation and breating part of my goals. My muscles are on fire and it feels like I ran a marathon.
I'm all dressed up in my bathing suit ready to hit the gym for a swim and a sauna as soon as my energy returns.

Kandra Thu, Mar-08-07 19:01

Swam 2 laps. The fatigue and muscle pain was too much. But wow, the water was soOOooo sooOOOooothing and peaceful. It was a quiet day at the gym and I only had to share that gigantic pool with one other woman, who was doing resistance exercises. It was so quiet, no splashing except for mine.
It was awesome. I wish I could have stayed longer. But I had to really push to do the two laps.

My muscles are on fire b/c of the build up of lactic acid. My med for it is homeopathic fixed in milk sugar. So those are out now. Gotta find something else to wash out, tame, whatever, the lactic acid.

I also enjoyed the dry sauna and took a quick steam bath for my sinuses.
I met both of my exercise goals for the day! HORRAY FOR ME!!! Pat Pat Pat

Kandra Fri, Mar-09-07 20:42

Still feeling extreme fatigue from yesterday but made myself walk today.

Kandra Sat, Mar-10-07 18:28

Swam 3 1/2 laps.
Sauna
and
Walked

Took a second walk around 7...two walks in one day, my dog was so happy. :lol:

:agree: :thup: ;) :D :p

Kandra Sun, Mar-11-07 07:29

49%

before breakfast:
2 sets of 20 leg lifts
Walk 10 minutes

afternoon
sauna 35 minutes, 25 minutes 40 minutes
Swam and jogged 13 laps
used barbell resistance weights for ubwo

evening:
walked 10 minutes

Kandra Tue, Mar-13-07 08:23

March 12

Swam 18 laps
Sauna 10, 55
Over did the swimming and didn't walk.

Kandra Tue, Mar-13-07 13:00

March 13

Worked four hours doing yard work. Cardio & sauna the fun way.
leg lifts 4 X 20

Kandra Wed, Mar-14-07 16:47

Walked 20 minutes at the dog park.

will12 Wed, Mar-14-07 17:43

swim

i do not know for sure but i remember reading somewhere that although swimming is good exercise it is not the best for weight loss due to the fact that the water keeps your body cool so you do not have to burn as much energy to cool you body down. i am not sure so you might want to do a little research. but way to go on meeting your exercise goals. keep it up

Kandra Fri, Mar-16-07 21:58

March 15
Still feeling more pain and fatigue than usual so I took an easy day. No walking, just some heavy housework, moving furniture and vacuuming.

Kandra Fri, Mar-16-07 21:58

March 16
33 laps!!!
It took me 4 hours including the sauna detox sessions in between the swimming.
Walked the dog 10 minutes. Was a good day.

March 17
Walked 30 minutes at a brisk pace. The dog loved it, I was beat.

Kandra Sun, Mar-18-07 20:58

March 18
Swam 18 laps. Sauna. Walked 10 minutes.

March 19
Walked 15 minutes brisk pace before breakfast. Lots of pain and fatigue today, so I had to skip the gym.

From now on my gym log will be added to my Journal at the beginning of the MY PLAN export. Also I'm keeping an exercise journal in My PLAN which gets added daily to my monthly view.