Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Metamucil (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=106777)

Jalera2003 Tue, May-20-03 15:09

Metamucil

Does anyone know the carb count of Metamucil sugar free? I continue to have a horrid time with my bowel (doc says right sided diverticular desease now) and am wondering if the Metamucil is something I should only have at RM time or if I could have it at all three meals (like the package suggests). :daze:

bluedelfin Sat, May-24-03 22:30

metamucil

I recommend a wonderful and all natural fiber supplement I buy at Trader Joe's. It's white psyllium husks and contains only that, nothing else. I mix it with water and drink it about twice a day. It also fills you up. It has ten grams of fiber per serving, and works wonders...good luck

Vel Sun, May-25-03 06:29

Hi Jalera

I use metamucil too and for a while I was using the unflavoured kind, so was having it at CMs as well as RM. Then all I could get was the orange flavoured unsweetened, so I am having it only at RMs because of the artificial sweetner, I don't have that any other time. I am going to try something else when this runs out as I don't like it all that much.

Zuleikaa Sun, May-25-03 07:45

Also, depending how sensitive you are to carbs, fiber can stall you. CA's are sensitive to all carbs, as a general rule and fiber should only be taken before or after meals. I learned the hard way.

summer*rai Mon, May-26-03 20:57

citracel

I have been on Atkins for 4 months and the constipation was almost unbearable until I starting taking the sugarfree citracel orange flavored drink....I had tried metamucil capsules, and they set up like concrete....now everything is working good.....

mhill31 Tue, May-27-03 07:17

Good morning!

This is my second day. Is constipation a typical problem I have to look forward to? What can I do to stop it before it startes? Are there legal food solutions to this problem or does it have to come in a bottle?

Thanks, much!

Vel Tue, May-27-03 10:16

Food Solutions

It is a common problem, but not for everyone. You can eat anything at all at your RM that helps you in particular. For instance, raisins help me, so I often have them in my salad at RM. Or, you can also include high-fibre veggies like cabbage at your CM's (from the allowable list, of course).

Jalera2003 Tue, Jun-03-03 13:47

Melissa: I wouldn't take my situation as a bad omen for yourself. I have always had a problem with constipation and generally CAD has helped with that.

mhill31 Tue, Jun-03-03 14:06

Thanks Jalera. I haven't had any problems and it has been 9 days now. I take a women's formula vitamin so perhaps that helps out. Who knows. Good luck and take care. You should start a journal. It's an easy way for people to drop in and say hello to you. It's been very important to me. I just love to have visitors.

Take care! :wave: