Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Chrystal Light (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=400074)

judywade10 Tue, Aug-11-09 19:26

Chrystal Light

Do any of you have an opinion on Chrystal light drinks?

IvannaBFit Wed, Aug-12-09 00:10

They make me thirsty -- thirstier than before I'd had it to drink.

Tapestry Wed, Aug-12-09 00:13

Me too -- thirstier that is.

heatherlb6 Wed, Aug-12-09 07:02

I wont drink them.....I am a water with a hint of lemon drinker. To me Crystal Lite is a franken food.....YUCK! Plus there is tons of data on the web where artifical sweeteners can actually cause cravings and weight gain. No thank you! I already have enough things to overcome without putting more obsticals in the way.

Kim8461 Wed, Aug-12-09 08:43

The Crystal Light powder contains aspartame :thdown: ....since Dr. Atkins advised avoiding that, I do :)

judywade10 Fri, Aug-14-09 22:18

Thanx for your replies. Now that I've read the label I see it's all garbage. Guess I'll stick to tea and water!

Kay2008 Sun, Aug-16-09 14:31

Chrystal light? never! I wish!

Lol sorry, just couldn't help myself when I saw the thread title... my real name is Chrystal and I wish I could state 'Chrystal is Light'

Woo I am on a high tonight for some odd reason.

Matador Tue, Aug-18-09 04:52

My opinion: Stay away from sugar free gum, diet pops, crystal light, atkins bars and all the other frankenfood. if you MUST, use them as treats occasionally or to knock out bad cravings.

There is no doubt it's better indulging in an atkins bar and crystal light over a bag of crisps - If that's the alternative. (Yep, Old school emotional eater here!)

HollyRF Tue, Aug-18-09 05:19

Yeah, I usually treat myself to a diet coke if I'm having cravings (especially salty-type cravings), and water isn't cutting it. It seems to calm whatever my tastebuds are wanting.

As far as crystal light, I was ADDICTED to the stuff back in 2007. Seriously, addicted. I probably drank three of those little single serving packets a day... I am now totally sick of them. I can't even look at them any more. Not sure why, I guess I just OD'd. Anyway, I have to credit them with making me drink LOTS of water throughout the day and keeping cravings a bay. I would normally use half a packet for each water, I found an entire packet was way too strong...

Anyway, I'm now kind of weary of crystal light, I'm sure they're not good for you. If you can avoid them, I would probably do so.

Matador Tue, Aug-18-09 05:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyRF
Yeah, I usually treat myself to a diet coke if I'm having cravings (especially salty-type cravings), and water isn't cutting it. It seems to calm whatever my tastebuds are wanting.

As far as crystal light, I was ADDICTED to the stuff back in 2007. Seriously, addicted. I probably drank three of those little single serving packets a day... I am now totally sick of them. I can't even look at them any more. Not sure why, I guess I just OD'd. Anyway, I have to credit them with making me drink LOTS of water throughout the day and keeping cravings a bay. I would normally use half a packet for each water, I found an entire packet was way too strong...

Anyway, I'm now kind of weary of crystal light, I'm sure they're not good for you. If you can avoid them, I would probably do so.

Same experience here. When i started my weight loss journey two years ago and changed ordinary Coke with Coke Zero i was ADDICTED to the stuff.

Cut out all artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols the past month or so, If I eat them now my body let's me know it dosen't agree with my choice - naussea, diarrea, stomach cramps etc.... on the bright side I don't crave them anymore either.

I usually just make some green tea, fill it on bottles and throw them in the fridge. Excellent craving knocker for me :yum: