Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Let down and disappointed (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187618)

Kris33 Fri, May-28-04 14:35

Let down and disappointed

Well, my friend and Atkins "buddy" decided to give up this diet! We both just started on Monday and made a pact to get through it together! She said it was just to hard for her, but I feel like she didn't even give it a fair shot. I fee that I really needed her to make this change with me, and I'm really let down. I think keeping myself on track is going to be much more difficult. Anyone have any suggestions to stay motivated while going solo (and not giving up so easily just like my friend)?

thanks!
~kris
:(

nikkil Fri, May-28-04 14:38

You just did the absolute best thing -- came to the forum!!

Honestly, this place will help you sooo much if you let it. Also, see if there are people from around your area, even in the same town, on the forum! I found several people are from Vancouver and we get together for dinners, coffee, shopping. It's great to have somebody who knows the things you're going thru and knows how the plan works. You can support each other!

good luck to you and keep at it. Maybe your friend will see your good results and decide to give it another go :)

Nicole

Petrina31 Fri, May-28-04 14:39

Kris,

I hear ya on that one- I started at my sister's request so she'd have a better support system and she's totally given up on it due to her sweet tooth.

My advice? Visit here often, make friends and stick with it. That's how I'm trying to get through...we can do this!

Hugs,
Petrina

jhansen62 Fri, May-28-04 14:40

Hi Kris

You need to find a new buddy, and what better place than right here on this forum. I have only been on this forum for a couple of days, but so many people have said such inspriring things to me that have inspired me and reminded me about attaining my goals. Good Luck Judy

Kris33 Fri, May-28-04 14:44

Thanks....
it seems like part of me is even more determined since she quit, but another part is like "hmmm, can I really do it? I could really go for some ice cream"
Arrrggghhh!!! Its so frustrating!

I don't mean to be so negative!
But I do appreciate you all responding so quickly, and I will keep checking the forum. I just found it yesterday, and it seems like there are a lot of great people here.

justmoony Fri, May-28-04 14:45

You can do it!

There is a ton of support here! Stick around and do this with us!
We've got your back, grr-friend! :there:

Qmass Fri, May-28-04 14:45

Too bad your friend quit so soon. Induction is two weeks because you really do feel a lot better after that amount of time. Hopefully the fact that you will start feeling better soon will keep you motivated. I have friends who are not doing Atkins but who are happy about my commitment to it, and they encourage me. Plus, once you start to lose weight, you will want to continue with it. Good luck, Kris!

sherbear Fri, May-28-04 14:56

:daizy: Please don't give up. I just started week 5 for me, and I promise you, if you do induction correctly, those cravings go away, and for the most part I don't even want any of that stuff anymore. Our freezer is stocked full of ice cream, and Reese Cups, etc. for my Husband, and I swear, it does'nt bother me even when he eats it! I really think the secret is doing induction perfectly.

Emeraulde Fri, May-28-04 15:02

I agree with Sherbear...my cravings are gone and I'm on week four now. I feel great! I can see a difference in myself and so can my friends. It's just a matter of time before I'm smaller, and most importantly, this is the first "diet" I've ever felt I could do forever! A true lifestyle change! This from a reformed carb addict!

cmcole Fri, May-28-04 15:05

Only you can decide for you.
Although her support may have been motivational, it is not the only thing determining your success.

Show yourself that you can do it for YOU

sevenclark Fri, May-28-04 17:14

Hang in there, Kris, you can do it! This forum is a great resource and everyone here will encourage you and be your buddies :0)
Julie

cpreece Fri, May-28-04 17:25

Maybe once she sees your success she will start too.

llabonte Fri, May-28-04 17:34

You can do it on your own (with alittle help from your friends here! Ok, I lied... with ALOT of help from your friends here!) and I know first hand how much people on this website can help! Hang in there kiddo you can do it. Make your friend jealous when she sees how good you are doing and how good you are lookin'!

Kris33 Sat, May-29-04 08:18

Thanks for all the support everyone.
This forum really does seem to help. Not only are there lots of people willing to share tips and struggles with me, but being on here takes up time, specifically time that could be used to contemplate a pastry or a piece of bread. =)

And I have decided to show my friend that I can do it without her, and hopefully my weight loss will make her realize that she should of stuck with me! I'm determined now!

again, thank you, everyone!
~kris

momof4boys Sat, May-29-04 09:07

fitday Vs DANDR

Question, have any of you ever wondered if the carb counts of fitday are correct or if DANDR is correct example cooked broccoli 1cup on fit day is like 4carbs but in DANDR it is one of the powers of five for 2/3cup. which is right?
Tammy