Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I hate TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=165742)

petcrazed Mon, Feb-09-04 16:03

I hate TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok dont get me wrong its better then getting pregnant but still i hate it.

I have gained 3 pounds ( and i had just gotten below 180) and i want to eat every thing in sight, and exercising sucks during TOM.

OK I will be a good girl and do my pilates and wieght lifting, and go eat some tuna for lunch.

sorry just had to whine, I mean not only do men lose faster then we do but we also have to put up with TOM this is not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :bash:

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :o

Ok whine over.

viland gir Mon, Feb-09-04 16:31

I second your whine! no fun!

lotsawater Mon, Feb-09-04 16:37

I know what you mean, but I find as soon as TOM is over, I lose all the weight I gained and then some! I don't know why this is.

Elisann Mon, Feb-09-04 18:05

oooohhhh, I'm not looking forward to this....I haven't had TOM yet on the plan, I think I started Atkins right after it was done with last month.

Tracey71 Mon, Feb-09-04 19:06

I hate it too!! I OD on sugar free chocolate, which makes me feel worse. Since I started Atkins I seem to be pmsing for half the month!! lol...Not sure why, but my TOM seems to be worse than ever.

Kaillean Mon, Feb-09-04 19:16

Hang in there! Eat more food, but try not to give into cravings for bad stuff and you will likely be rewarded with a whoosh!

And even though you feel crappy, exercise can make you feel better. Studies show we get the best results in during our periods and the week or two immediately following. So hit the gym (I'm telling myself the same thing!).

K.

wishlist Mon, Feb-09-04 19:30

omg...im right there with you...i just started this atkins thing last week and before i never even wanted sweets, thats why i figured this lc thing would work for me...but as soon as i started it all i wanted was chocolate and cake!!! i was thinking this atkins thing started a sweet tooth for me...and then the cramps came so now i know...it sucks. my boss came in the other day with samples of this carrot cake. i thought i was going to die...doing much better today...i made that mock french toast thing and hated it but it made me think i was eating something carb heavy...half of it is mental anyways right???

Grimalkin Mon, Feb-09-04 22:41

A lot of people's hormones bump around a few months before settling down, so hang in there. For myself, my PMS is gone now, and TOM is not as heavy and painful as it used to be. It's actually a lot more like it was when I was a teenager. Maybe you will end up feeling better about it too.

Draven9981 Tue, Feb-10-04 06:22

I started my DURING TOm, So, I understand how everyone feels. I felt like crap this morning looking at the scale. I was like WHY ME???? I won't give up, because if I can make it through the entire time on TOM without one cheat!! I better be able to do this WOE.

BlitzedAng Tue, Feb-10-04 07:14

Petcrazed, I think we all feel yer pain, hehehe. Just like when I see a 4 pound gain (water) and hope for a 5 pound loss after TOM and poof, nothin.

JayceeMn Tue, Feb-10-04 09:37

Have you ladies ever tried the herb Primrose?? Works for my TOM, makes it's much more bearable. Hold on the worst is the first few days ;)

Hilary M Tue, Feb-10-04 09:39

Ya know, as much as TOM is a pain in the rear, I have found that I usually drop a few pounds that week. Sometimes it's the only week out of the month that I can lose weight! I think it's because that's my "off week" on my BC pills.

cheeze Tue, Feb-10-04 09:49

Hang in there, the longer you are on the plan and the more weight you lose the less your weight will fluctuate with TTOM, I used to bounce up and down 4-5 lbs, now it's maybe 1lb or nothing.

hislady Tue, Feb-10-04 10:18

I am right with all of you. I hate my TOM I want to eat everything and to top it off my cramps are terrible. The only good thing I can say is that since the WOE it doesn't last as long. I mean 4 days and its over. Mine used to last 5 days or even 5 1/2. So I appreciate that.

I haven't seen the whoosh fairy this month maybe because I gave in to my cravings this time! Darnit!!

Don't give in ladies its not worth it at all!!!

red1cutie Tue, Feb-10-04 12:04

I hate TOM too. The good news is when TOM leaves the extra pouns I get leaves too. Some are worse than others. I find if I lose alot of weigh one month I have a really bad TOM.

I get upset easily, feel down, get bloated, bad cramps.
The worse part of TOM is the cramps and bloating.

red