Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   POLL: Favorite Lo-Carb Finds (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=90839)

KDdid Thu, Mar-06-03 08:24

POLL: Favorite Lo-Carb Finds

What are your favorite lo-carb find?
Where did you find them?
And...How do you prepare them?

I love finding out about new products and where to purchase them. I also like to here about experimentation with different vegetables. It's amazing what all is out there if you just figure out how to use/cook it.

My favorite finds...

Keto Oatmeal (health food store)

Alfredo Sauce (grocery store)
-used over chicken & broccolli

Pre-cooked bacon (Sam's)

Pre-cooked frozen sausage (Sam's)

Hot & spicy pork rinds
(grocery store & dollar store)

Russell Stover Chocolates (wal-mart)
-eaten only in emergencies :p

Tyson quick cook boneless chicken breasts
-flattened before frozen so it cooks
quicker on the George Foreman grill
(Sam's)

Frozen Sirloin Burgers (Sam's)
-love to throw them on the grill
and top with salsa and sour cream

Atkins B-B-Q Sauce & Steak Sauce
-both taste great on anything
(health food store)

Frozen bell pepper slices (walmart)

Frozen diced onions (walmart)
-great to throw in with stir-fry meat

La Tortilla tortillas (netrition.com)
-Makes wonderful sandwich wraps,
quesadillas, and fajitas! Love all
flavors. Have discovered that the
green onion is great for fajitas,
garlic herb is great for quesadillas,
and wheat is best for ham and cheese
wraps.

Just my 2 cents!

DDMariana Thu, Mar-06-03 13:00

Once people think about this question, this thread will have a really good response...

My greatest find was little party wings...chicken legs and wings in a giant bag (Smart & Final, Sams, anywhere...around $3.89)

and then I found this great hotwing sauce (that's not too hot!) at Albertsons, 2 for $5. that has 0 carbs. I will come back later with the brand...forgot it for now!

Since I've been able to make my own "wing dings" I'm a happy cat!!

Of course, I eat WAY too many...but at least they're not peanuts. :rolleyes:

lhill Thu, Mar-06-03 14:04

the low carb things that

i found and liked are wings and a great bbq sauce recipe(that someone gave me from here). The wings you can get at any food store.
Atkins bread mixes that i use in my bread machine, found these at top food store(a chain like safeway)
Atkins muffin mixes that i use for a change from eggs at brekfest(found these at safeway)
La Tortilla factory low carb tortillas, found these at safeway too and use them for everything, sandwich,soft taco, fajitas, ect.
linda :D

lkonzelman Thu, Mar-06-03 14:06

My new favorites!

I love cheeter's crackers w/ butter or cream cheese and I love my whey protein shake with soy milk (only 1 carb a cup for the soy milk).

Oh and my favorite LC recipes are the atkins stuffed pancake (filled with ricotta and SF apricot jam) and my homemade LC zucchini muffins are to die for!

Waterbaby Thu, Mar-06-03 14:09

Some of my favorites

Lets see......

I really like the Atkins flakes with almonds....bought directly from Atkins web site...I got so tired of eggs and missed my morning cereal that this does the trick!

Also found KetoCrisps chips in nacho cheese flavor...I buy them at a local "Natural Foods Store" They have a good taste and satisfy my need to crunch on chips!

Sugar free saltwater taffy..bought from Atkins direct. It has no carbs and is allowed on induction....I put one piece in my mouth and let it dissolve slowly! Very Good :thup:

Atkins brand muffin mixes.....I personally like the cranberry-orange. I make mine in muffin tins and heat them and then top them with butter:) I buy these from the Natural Food store but they do sell them in GNC & Walmart

Well now I am going to try a chocolate cupcake recipe which I found in LowCarb Luxury...Can you tell...I like snack foods and goodies! :D

When I come up with some more foods....I'll Be Back! :wave:

Waterbaby
:rheart:

gtarent Thu, Mar-06-03 16:45

I discovered the LaTortilla shells last week, what a great find. Wraps, Breakfeast burritos, and my favorite the wet burrito.

The new Carbolite bars, especially the crispy caramel....mmmmm. I know they contain malatol, but they don't seem to stall me. (30 lbs in just over 2 months!)

Pork rinds smothered in cheese, salsa, and sour cream. A low fat dieters nightmare. Somehow the apparent decadence of the meal seems to add to its appeal!

wcollier Thu, Mar-06-03 17:10

I try not to eat processed foods for health reasons, but I can't resist the La Tortilla Tortillas. I like to fry them a little to make them more crispy.

Wanda

jers52 Thu, Mar-06-03 18:30

grabbed a bottle

of no carb/no calorie Blue Cheese dressing just tonight at Giant Eagle - figured it would also work for a dip.

Jan :roll:

UAGirl Thu, Mar-06-03 21:55

Oooh good post!! :)

Atkins Ketchup. (Ketch-a-tomato) This is perfect for burgers!! :)

Carbolite crispy caramel or carb away bars. (Everynow and then you need a fix!!) :D

Geez, I'm racking my brain here...I'll have to think and come back lol....

CAKES66 Thu, Mar-06-03 23:54

MMM Another food thread

My favorite LC finds:

0 Carb, 0 sugar Blue Cheese Dressing
(Sugar Busters Brand) :roll:

Atkins Cinnamon Bar :spin:

KDdid Sat, Mar-08-03 17:45

Come on guys! There are 23,477 members on this site. I'm sure more than 9 can answer this simple question! Let's bring some fresh energy into our meals. Please share what your favorite lo carb finds are. I'm sure you have no idea how many people on this site are interested in expanding their options.

Come on "old'bies"...fess up!

GeorgiaB Sat, Mar-08-03 18:45

Frapuccinos!

My latest favorite thing is the lc frapuccinos I make. I blend ice, a scoope of Designer Whey chocolate, instant decaf coffee, splenda, heavy cream, and water together with a braun hand mixer til it's really smooth. YUM!!! Or lately strawberries have been on sale around here a lot and I mix together strawberries, Designer Whey french vanilla, cream, splenda, and water. Tastes just like a nice strawberry milkshake! :p

Teuthis Sat, Mar-08-03 18:53

Favorite

Roast chicken with herbes de provence rubbed under the skin and inside; with chopped fresh garlic rubbed inside too.

Saute'd Brussels Sprouts.

Saute'd radishes, with a dash of heavy cream at the end.

junebug61 Sun, Mar-09-03 07:30

Westsoy unsweeted soy milk. 1 gram. I use it to make my latte's.

I also enjoy whipped cream sweeted with sf vanilla syrup, davinci. When I want a little something, I spoon a little bit in a bowl,and add a couple T. of ground flax seeds, it really hits the spot.

Auntie J Sun, Mar-09-03 07:47

Lo carb finds

My favorite is the Atkins caraway rye bread mix, great toasted with chicken, egg, or tuna salad on it. YUMMMMMMMM Also, the lemon poppyseed, blueberry & cornmeal muffins are a great change too.. So far, all of the Davinci flavored syrups that I've tried have been great in my "milk shakes", helps cover the soy taste. The adventure continues------- :wave: