Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   almost ate some m&m's today...... without knowing... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=111606)

ANewMe Thu, Jun-05-03 22:15

almost ate some m&m's today...... without knowing...

I was unpacking grocerys today and I gave my daughter some M&m's in a bowl and I put the rest of the pack on the counter... and when I was done unpacking I grabbed the bag, poured a handful into my hand and they came within 3 inches of my mouth before I realized what I was ACTUALLY doing!! Like I didnt even REALIZE I was eating candy...

that incident woke me up.. I had to put the cookies and candy in another spot in the cabinets where Im not frequently looking in durring the day...

I almost blew it today without even knowing!! eek...

DDMariana Thu, Jun-05-03 23:25

good for you catching yourself goodgirl :roll:

Frederick Thu, Jun-05-03 23:29

On the bright side, at least an accident with "chocolates" would be infinitely superior pleasure-wise to, say, an accident with white bread?

Talk about more bang for the buck! After all, in my view, chocolate is truly the *single" greatest flavor in the world.

RSLW Fri, Jun-06-03 08:14

Re: almost ate some m&m's today...... without knowing...

Quote:
Originally posted by ANewMe
I was unpacking grocerys today and I gave my daughter some M&m's in a bowl and I put the rest of the pack on the counter... and when I was done unpacking I grabbed the bag, poured a handful into my hand and they came within 3 inches of my mouth before I realized what I was ACTUALLY doing!! Like I didnt even REALIZE I was eating candy...

that incident woke me up.. I had to put the cookies and candy in another spot in the cabinets where Im not frequently looking in durring the day...

I almost blew it today without even knowing!! eek...

Isn't that terrible?? When the things we do are so second-nature that we don't even think about doing them? It's like driving to work. You just do it... day after day after day so it gets to the point where you don't even think about it anymore.

Kind of scary to think that this is the point where we've gotten to with our food. I completely understand. I've caught myself doing this before. The way my family eats is terrible. It looks like a candy store/bakery around here. They love their sweets. I just have to completely avoid the stuff!

Good for you that you caught yourself in time. Came out of your "trance" before you did the deed. :)

LoLa Girl Fri, Jun-06-03 08:32

I TOTALLY understand!! I have done the same thing many times in the beginning. Luckily you caught yourself though!! :-)

flangee Fri, Jun-06-03 09:36

I did the same sort of thing! I was in a restraunt with my neice and she ordered chocolate milk and it cave very big and full so I took a big gulp so it wouldn't spill! then I caught my self and went to the bathroom a spit it out! close call though. :p

Kathy54 Fri, Jun-06-03 09:47

Oh I think we have all done that in the early days, LOL, I certianly remember spitting stuff out after I realized what I just did :p Old habits don't die easy, do they :eek:

Cheers Kathy

LovableLC Sat, Jun-07-03 15:47

You sound like me 2 days ago. There was an oatmeal pie on the counter. I grabbed it and halfway to my mouth I was like what am I doing??? I had not even realized it.

motis Sat, Jun-07-03 17:08

mmmm.....M&Ms. *drool*

I have to catch myself from licking the knife when I make the kids peanut butter and jelly. Yesterday I was helping to cut cake at a birthday party and licked the frosting off of my fingers. UGH. I wonder how long it takes to break these habits. LOL

~Angi~

HeidiN Sat, Jun-07-03 18:08

before I started LCing I would always grab my friends dr.pepper and drink some. Well, the other day he had it sitting at the table and I grabbed it and took a big sip :eek: . Then I got mad at him for letting me drink it :o :p .

dcbrowne Sat, Jun-07-03 18:13

This has never really happened to me, but I dream that I do it all the time, a low carb nightmare!

HeidiN Sat, Jun-07-03 19:38

I also hav dreams that I'm eating candy and other high carb foods. then I wake up mad at myself for cheating. Then I realize that it was a dream... thank god!!

happyhat Sat, Jun-07-03 20:41

yep! Preparing the families meals has been a hard one for me. Today I made them spegetti and like I always do, I got a few pieces of the spegetti on a fork to taste for doneness. I put it in my mouth and began to chew when I realized what I was doing. I ran for the trash to spit it out real quick! And it wasn't quite ready either LOL. I will have to learn some new ways to cook I guess. :D

LadyBelle Sat, Jun-07-03 20:49

Quote:
I got a few pieces of the spegetti on a fork to taste for doneness. I put it in my mouth and began to chew

I always like the throw against the wall to see if it sticks *g*

thumperjb Sun, Jun-08-03 03:50

um this got me to thinking.... I too used to catch myself sampling what I was cooking as if on auto pilot without even realizing it ... after almost 6 months on this plan I noticed that I don't do that anymore. Maybe I will actually make it this time :-)