Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [CKD] CKD seems to be working! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=48811)

billw Wed, Jun-26-02 10:08

CKD seems to be working!

When I started a week and a half ago I weighed 210. After 1st weekend carbup I weighed 218. Last friday I had lost 6lbs down to 212. After last weekends carbup I weighed 214. I have lost 1 to 2 pounds every day this week and this morning I weighed 209.

Yippeeee! :yay:

I hope this keeps up. Now if I can just get my metabolism to get into high gear I could realy lose. :daze:

Bill

Zeus Wed, Jun-26-02 10:20

Good Job...

Keep up the good work. :Party:

Chantel Wed, Jun-26-02 23:13

good news

Bill
thanks for sharing! I hope it continues for you.

Were you in shock when you saw the first 8 pounds? I am happy that the scale is going down, great news.

C ya

fern2340 Thu, Jun-27-02 06:18

Bill-
Glad the CKD is working for ya!!! :) Keep up the GREAT work!

Linda

billw Thu, Jun-27-02 11:00

Re: good news

Quote:
Originally posted by Chantel
Were you in shock when you saw the first 8 pounds?

Yes, at first I freaked out. I thought I had over done it but then I remembered reading that for every sugar molecule their were 4 water molecules attached to it so most of the gain was water.

Today I'm still holding at 209 but I didn't get to work out lastnight. Only did am cardio yesterday.

I should get to work out tonight so hopefully tomorrow will be 208. :D

fridayeyes Fri, Jun-28-02 08:38

Congrats, and stick with it!

I yo-yo'd through about a 5 lb range like that too, but ad the end of 8 weeks, I'd gained 12 lbs of muscle <laughs and flexes>, and lost 22 lbs of fat. I actually have a bicep now, TWO of them even, and I can feel the groove in my thigh when my quads move, etc.

I still freak out just a little bit when it comes to carb up, but all in all, I'm doing this for life!

Cheers,

Friday

Chantel Fri, Jun-28-02 10:19

Friday and Bill

Friday, Wow, that is awesome how much you gained and loss! Very impressive indeed!

I am down 7 pounds and holding! lol -

Bill, how ya doing today?

billw Sun, Jun-30-02 07:03

Hi Chantel, Friday I was still holding at 209. This morning after carbing up I am at 217. If this trend continues, I would expect a 1 to 2 pound net loss per week.

Bill

P.S. I had fun carbing up at the all you can eat buffet friday night. Steak, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice & gravy.
:o

Chantel Sun, Jun-30-02 09:47

Chantel's carb up

Hi all, I followed Sue's depletion workout yesterday , 4 giant supersets. It was tough but really interesting. I was so pooped that I lie on the floor after ward and fell a sleep i have never done that! lol - Then took a shower to go eat with hubby.

My carb up was swedish fish, skim milk, vinegerette salad with fruits and some chicken, a pop tart, candy and more milk. I only am carbing up 12 hours. I will report later if this suits me or not. Remeber, I have 20-30 pounds of fat to lose.

We will see how the fat loss goes on Friday as I will weigh in then.

C ya:)

Zeus Sun, Jun-30-02 20:38

:(

I know I say this a lot, but- man, do I miss carb's :tears:. Of course, I get to eat 30 grams worth before working out (Sweet Tarts)...but trust me, those aren't satisfying at all.

Chantel Sun, Jun-30-02 22:23

soooo

come on over to the wild side and CKD!!! Drop that nasty ol' boring TKD! lol

just think carbs! Lots of sugary, yummy, carbs every 5 days!

C

Zeus Mon, Jul-01-02 08:54

I wish...

Quote:
come on over to the wild side and CKD!!! Drop that nasty ol' boring TKD! lol

-Well, I wish I could. You see, I can have all the discipline in the world when it comes to the 'low-carb' part of the week. HOWEVER, once I get my hands on some carb's, well, forget about it! I literally gorge on junk food and the carb-up is not structured whatsoever. So, the 'TKD' fits my bill perfectly (however, since I don't get to carb-up I'm obligated to bitch about it, heh).

billw Mon, Jul-01-02 13:40

:D Can't control the carbs eh Zeus.

And you called me a Wus! ;) :roll:

LOL!
Bill

Zeus Mon, Jul-01-02 14:27

Ouch...

Low-blow; I got a taste of my own medicine and it is SOUR!

Chantel Mon, Jul-01-02 14:31

ha ha !!

He got ya'!!

Score:
1 for Zeus
1 for Bill