Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   11 lbs. GONE WEEK 1 of Induction! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=174209)

gingerbear Mon, Mar-22-04 10:14

11 lbs. GONE WEEK 1 of Induction!

Today marks one week on Induction and I lost 11 lbs! I'm really happy about it! I tried starting again about six weeks ago but only lasted 4 days. Now, I'm ready to stick with it. It makes me feel much more motivated as each day goes by. Here are some observations so far:

1) Day 1-3 was REALLY hard. I had a bad headache, was grouchy and angry that I couldnt eat like I wanted to.

2) By Thursday, I started to feel good. By waking up in the A.M. and see pounds off, it makes you want to keep doing it.

3) I'm not DYING to go eat junk right now.

4) I drink the Poland Spring "Sport Pack" waters and those are 24 oz. in each bottle. I have been drinking 5-6 a day and they are easier to drink it the spout rather than straight down.

5) My husband started Atkins on Tuesday and he lost 8 lbs. so far! He only has to lose 30 so it's not like me but I DEFINITELY think it's SOOOO much easier if you are married and your spouse does it with you. This has made a HUGE difference.

6) For my sweet tooth, I have about a cup of the Chocolate Reddiwhip ( 1 carb in 2 TSBP) and it really helps so much, it tastes like Chocolate Mousse!

7) I haven't done any exercise yet but plan to after Induction to keep the loss going. We have gym in our home so hopefully this will help a lot and make it really easy to work out.

Good luck to everyone!

sybs Mon, Mar-22-04 10:17

Keep up the good work! I went throught the exact same symptoms ;)...but word to the wise...lose the scale! It's cool to see progress, but when you stall it can become your undoing. Other than that keep on keeping on!

scorpio381 Mon, Mar-22-04 10:19

Wow, that's terrific! Keep up the good work!

sinistress Mon, Mar-22-04 10:22

Awesome Job!!! You should be so proud of yourself! Keep up the good work!!

Dewi Mon, Mar-22-04 10:23

Gingerbear,

Thats great news on your 1st week loss. Keep up the great work and the massive water intake.

Dewi

rice_boi Mon, Mar-22-04 10:34

you are such a LOSER! (fat loser that is lol! ;)) congratz!

starting exercise will definately help your weight loss :)

allibaba Mon, Mar-22-04 10:41

I hate you!!!

Just kidding :p
Keep up the good work.

Alli

KAREN X 2 Mon, Mar-22-04 11:09

Congrats !
A few words of wisdom.....
It's so awesome when that scale goes down every day, but there will be weeks when you see very little, if any, change. Don't be discouraged! There can be no rhyme or reason as to when your body takes a "breather" from weight loss. Just keep on keeping on - eventually it will catch up!

lilypad830 Mon, Mar-22-04 12:17

Hey Gingerbear,
CONGRATS!!! I was really glad to see that someone thinks that drinking out of a sport bottle is easier. My husband thinks im silly when i tell him that, of course he loves water and i hate it!
Keep up the good work!
brandi

girliegrly Mon, Mar-22-04 12:41

:p :p :p :p awesome gingerbear!

keep up the good work!

blue skies,

Kimmy :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :p

jackie005 Mon, Mar-22-04 12:44

Gingerbear. YOU ROCK!!! Congratulations on losing so much your first week. Keep it up.

spydermary Mon, Mar-22-04 13:45

Great job GingerBear! Keep up the good work!

gingerbear Mon, Mar-22-04 16:52

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone, you guys are the BEST!

neen Mon, Mar-22-04 17:24

good stuff..............keep going.

neen

milky soap Mon, Mar-22-04 17:32

Gingerbear, Keep us informes on how you do ! Good Job ! !!!!!!!!! :Party: :thup: