Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Sugar free sweets in Tescos (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=278705)

Micha2 Fri, Dec-30-05 10:52

Sugar free sweets in Tescos

I found loads of 'no added sugar' sweets next to the normal sweets in Tesco's at Kingston, Milton Keynes. The sweets include Tesco's own no added sugar chocolates (contain Aspartame though) and Russel Stover sweets and all kinds of other things. :)

Michaela

greannmhar Fri, Dec-30-05 23:26

No sugar free stuff at all in Tesco here, unfortunately ..... or maybe that should be 'fortunately' :). I got some LC chocolate in Boots and online for Christmas ..... and, oh dear, the special EFFECTS - need I say more ..... :O
Babs

dane Sat, Dec-31-05 02:02

Our Tesco has some sugar-free chocolate, but then it lists fructose as an ingredient. :(

Stephbob Wed, Jan-04-06 17:59

I've been buying the sugar free truffle chocolate from Tescos for a while (bad point about working next door haha)

Only 11g of carbs per 100g, so 4.95g per bar! And it's delicious, much nicer than Boots' lo-carb chocolate! And MUUUUCH cheaper lol

Panyg Fri, Jan-06-06 19:24

Superdrug have a few, including Low Carb Rolo's. They taste good and are quite low in sugar alcohols. Also, Holland & Barrett have a good range.

greannmhar Fri, Jan-06-06 20:13

The Nestle stuff is gorgeous, but seems to be vanishing :( from the shelves and not being replaced. I love the fact that the polyols are low in the double choc bar and the rolos - the polydextrose they use is supposed to be actually GOOD for a body. They are, however, expensive, but I'll continue to pay for them occasionally if they're still around.
Babs

Panyg Sat, Jan-07-06 03:16

About a year ago, most of the supermarkets were adding a low carb range. Tesco made a lovely LC pizza, which I loved. But there are very few LC products around anymore unless you go online.

I can highly recommend Subway Wraps. There are only about 10 carbs in a cheese steak wrap with salad.

nicnoc Sat, Jan-07-06 09:45

Brilliant, Thanks Pany, sounds delicious will try one next week. A Subway has just opened in town

kittenki Sun, Jan-22-06 13:24

I can recommend Asda's own range of sugar free sweets for anyone trying to avoid aspartame they have boiled ones and my favourite fruity chewy ones

Tonymoo Tue, Jan-24-06 12:10

LC rolos are 49p in Tesco at the moment. The Nestle double choc bars are also half price and GoLower bars are 2 for a £

greannmhar Tue, Jan-24-06 17:00

Tesco here never stocked the Nestle stuff :( - the only place I managed to get them was in Superdrug and they no longer stock them.
Does anyone know if they are still being produced? I haven't seen them online either - will have to get relatives and friends in UK to search for me.
Babs